cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flush Line Black Water Tank

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer has been in storage for 9 mo. It was loaned out to a friend for 6 mo prior to that. My flush line that goes to my black water tank is completely plugged up. What can I do to fix this problem?
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie
8 REPLIES 8

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
dirt dobbers

rockintom
Explorer
Explorer
The flusher is usually located near the 3" sewer outlet on the rear of the tank. Remove the 3 screws and take a putty knife and carefully remove flusher from the tank. Fix flusher and reinstall with ABS cement. Good to go. rockin'
Rockintom
'12 Excel Limited GKE 33 ft., trailer named "Charm"
'14 1 ton Chevy DRW D/A Reese 20K hitch Fold-A-Cover bedcover - truck named "Bullet" Fulltiming since 2005

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
rockintom wrote:
Based off what you stated, I assumed it works before and now it doesn't. 95% chance they didn't use the flusher/or they left the black gate open. The tip of the flusher is plugged. Anyway, the flusher has to come out of the tank and the holes opened up with a drill bit. Make sure you do a great job of flushing with a sprayer that goes down in the tank from the toilet. Makes the job a little nicer. ๐Ÿต rockin'
How do you remove the flusher tip?
2013 3500 Cummins 6.7 Quadcab 4x4 3.73 68FE Trans, 2007 HitchHiker Discover America 329 RSB
We love our Westie

SweetLou
Explorer
Explorer
HappyKayakers wrote:
Could you clarify if you're talking about the SaniFlush to spray out the black tank after dumping? Or the drop from your toilet to the black tank?

Its the Saniflush to spray out
We love our Westie

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
It's also possible that the check valve (antisiphon valve) at the flusher inlet is stuck closed. We had our dealer replace ours when that happened. The original was a cheap plastic model and he replaced it with a brass model.
Not sure how you can test it other than to remove it from the line and test it.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

rockintom
Explorer
Explorer
Based off what you stated, I assumed it works before and now it doesn't. 95% chance they didn't use the flusher/or they left the black gate open. The tip of the flusher is plugged. Anyway, the flusher has to come out of the tank and the holes opened up with a drill bit. Make sure you do a great job of flushing with a sprayer that goes down in the tank from the toilet. Makes the job a little nicer. ๐Ÿต rockin'
Rockintom
'12 Excel Limited GKE 33 ft., trailer named "Charm"
'14 1 ton Chevy DRW D/A Reese 20K hitch Fold-A-Cover bedcover - truck named "Bullet" Fulltiming since 2005

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
Could you clarify if you're talking about the SaniFlush to spray out the black tank after dumping? Or the drop from your toilet to the black tank?
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good luck putting 3 bags of ice cubes (21 lbs total) in thru the toilet hole, filling the tank about 1/3 with water and going for a ride. The ice will slosh around and break up the solids. I would say you'd need to drive an hour or so to have a good sloshing.