cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold up stairs

aboeck3
Explorer
Explorer
A friend of mine is looking for a set of fold up stairs for her 5er to replace the standard OE steps. Her door sill is 39" off the ground and what she is looking for is something that will fold up into her door area. Anybody seen anything like this? I recall seeing something like this but don't recall where.
Thanks
Al & Jane - RETIRED
(Nico, Smudge & Boo - Cocker Spaniels)
2017 Winnebago Journey 42E with 2013 Honda CR-V toad & 2 bicycles (just in case)
Dreams Do Come True
7 REPLIES 7

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
I’m another very happy owner of Tiporklift Glowsteps. Considered them and MorRydes before deciding. My biggest concern was deploying the MorRydes when in a tight campsite or while in Storage. Before changing, had a site so tight the MorRydes would not have worked. We store ours and now see many with the MorRydes pulling their rigs forward to safely get inside. My slot is tight, but I can vary how far they are pulled out to safely get inside.

On the Torklifts, they have three settings to first click into that vary the height of the step as you come out which is a great feature.
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

mudmaker
Explorer
Explorer
I don’t like the size they have to be to fit inside the door frame. The entire mechanism has to be narrower than the door frame and the step narrow to fit inside its frame. Cuts down a large rv door to a fairly small target.
Glen and Loretta
Marc, Jake, Kirsten and fur kids Dexter and Bernie
2017 KZ Venom 4114TK Toy Hauler
2015 GMC Acadia
15 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax
11 Silverado 3500 SRW quad 6.6 Duramax

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
aboeck3 wrote:
A friend of mine is looking for a set of fold up stairs for her 5er to replace the standard OE steps. Her door sill is 39" off the ground and what she is looking for is something that will fold up into her door area. Anybody seen anything like this? I recall seeing something like this but don't recall where.
Thanks

Another option is the Port-A-Step that you unstretch and set on your existing steps. Made from aluminum so not real heavy

Between ,me and my Bro in law we have the Morryde Step above on mine, and the Torklift Glow step on his..

I would consider either of the 2 as a great option..

They both were easy to install, With the Glow Step taking I believe 4 bolts and a bit of laying on the ground...

The Morryde I believe was 6 or 8 screws into the floor after removing the factory installed tread plate.

BOTH are sturdy is set up correctly..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
Consider those MorRyde steps that BarneyS linked to. But personally, I think they pale in comparison to the Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps. Same stability with none of the downsides. The only benefit to the MORryde steps that I can think of is their lift assist to make them easier to stow and deploy.

Full review:
https://learntorv.com/product-review-glowstep-revolution-by-torklift/

I agree, I installed the Torklift on our 5th and couldn't be happier. Some of the things that were important to us that the solid step style couldn't do were (and may be a non issue to others) is that if we are packing up in the rain I don't want to have to clean off the rain and mud off the steps before storing them, I don't have the space required to deploy them in our barn, and I don't want it blocking the entry if I need to toss something in quick.

The Solid step style are nice but this is another one you may want to look at.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Consider those MorRyde steps that BarneyS linked to. But personally, I think they pale in comparison to the Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps. Same stability with none of the downsides. The only benefit to the MORryde steps that I can think of is their lift assist to make them easier to stow and deploy.

Full review:
https://learntorv.com/product-review-glowstep-revolution-by-torklift/
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Probably thinking of the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhQLbjWTJLU

Another link to them.

MORryde on Amazon.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine