cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Living Room and/or back raised LR 5'r floorplans

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
We have narrowed our search to these 2 Floorplans but we are finding them to be 38'+. Does anyone know of a brand of 5th wheels with these floorplans that are under 38'?

If you've had one like this that's 38' or more, how did you like it? Did you find it hard to get around/drive or get into parks?

P.S. we are going to be full-timing in it and want to be as comfortable, and home like as possible. And we want to not have to stay in "resort" type campgrounds unless we have to.
23 REPLIES 23

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
Dave&Jeanette wrote:
As for drive-ability I do not have any issue, you just need to take your time and realize that you have to swing wide enough to get around corners.

I think that is our biggest fear . . Getting into a situation where we can't turn a corner. That and narrow, windy mountain roads.

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
I can't see that 2 ft longer would somehow jump you into an unusable class?
36 ft is already long. when I was looking at Class A's and questioned two ft longer the salesman held out his hands and said I was being concerned with this much longer.
bumpy

LOL . . We do the same thing.

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
1ofmany wrote:
Cannot comment on the floor plans you mention, but if you will be full timing, the more room (longer model) might make you happier in the long run.

That is our thinking too.

whitneykt
Explorer
Explorer
Firelime wrote:
It'd be nice to have 2 basements.
We LOVE the 2 basements . . Tons of space but also means more weight. So we need to be careful.

Dave_Jeanette
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Solitude 379FL that is 42' long. Have stayed in a couple of state parks and also some private camp grounds. We would not fit on all sites, but every place we have stayed had spaces plenty deep enough for us to safely back into or pull through. As for drive-ability I do not have any issue, you just need to take your time and realize that you have to swing wide enough to get around corners.
2015 Ford F350 CC DRW 6.7L PS Diesel
2016 Grand Design Solitude 379FL

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I can't see that 2 ft longer would somehow jump you into an unusable class?
36 ft is already long. when I was looking at Class A's and questioned two ft longer the salesman held out his hands and said I was being concerned with this much longer.
bumpy

1ofmany
Explorer
Explorer
Cannot comment on the floor plans you mention, but if you will be full timing, the more room (longer model) might make you happier in the long run.

Firelime
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Cougar 337FLS which is 38'. We like it. We got ours right before the RDS came out, which is the raised rear living. It'd be nice to have 2 basements. We plan to mostly boondock with ours and we've drug it in some pretty narly places. The state/fed parks we have stayed at I have reserved as soon as they are available or I have been SOL because of the size. If I had to do it over again I probably would have gone smaller but then I'm not fulltiming.
2015 Silverado 3500HD Duramax LTZ Z71
2016 Keystone Cougar 337FLS, Trimetric 2030, SC 2030, 340 watts, 4 GC2's, Xantrex Freedom XC 1000 inverter/charger.
Curt Q20 w/R20

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are quite comfortable in a 36' fifth wheel. We have also been places where anything larger would have posed a problem getting on sites - such as state parks that were laid out and built in the '30s by the CCC.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015