cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun Finder XT-245 hot water and water pressure

Cooperd0g
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I just bought a used 2013 from a private seller. I have it out this weekend and seem to be having trouble getting the hot water working. The previous owner did not have the manual and said that just turning the switch on by the door gets the hot water heater going. He also said that it can run off gas or electric. I'm pretty sure the propane tanks are empty and I don't seem to be able to get any hot water. Any ideas from other XT-245 owners?

The other issue is the water pressure. It is pretty terrible. The indoor and outdoor showers have no real pressure to them. The previous owner said to use a pressure reducer when connected to source water to prevent problems. I did and the water pressure was bad. I took the pressure reducer off and the connection between the hose and the camper was leaking and I was getting some water inside (and the shore pressure wasn't much better). I couldn't exactly find the source, but I dried it up, put the pressure reducer back on and no more leaking.
3 REPLIES 3

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
On the shower / faucet you are probably confusing pressure for flow. All the faucets and shower heads have flow reducers in them. Assuming you can find them you can enlarge the hole to get more flow. Go slowly, a small change in a size of a hole makes a big change in flow.

My faucets were livable but I increased the flow on my shower head from about 1.0gpm to about 2.0gpm (you can use a bucket). This was enough to give me a livable shower flow rate while maintaining water conservation. I tell everyone they get 90 seconds of hot water to shower, how they use it is up to them. You can also look into different show heads, there are many designed to give you a great experience ("pressure") at a low flow rate (2-3 gpm).

How to quickly determine flow rate:
Turn the fixture on to its normal position
Place a container under the fixture and collect the water for 10 seconds
Measure the quantity of water in the container and convert the measurement to gallons (e.g., 0.25 gallons)
Multiply the measured quantity of water by 6 to calculate the flow rate in gallons per minute (0.25 gal x 6 = 1.5 GPM).
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
First water pressure......

Where you connect hose should have a washer with a screen....makes sure that the screen is clean.
How is water pressure thru hose without connected to trailer?
How is water pressure thru hose WITH regulator on it and not connected to trailer?

When connected to trailer....how is water pressure thru kitchen/bathroom sink faucets......check aerators clean on end of faucet?

Shower typically have restrictors in hose connection OR in handle. Some can be removed, some can be modified by drilling out

Water heater.......

What Brand & Model for specific info!!! (Look for info in outside compartment)

Stated that it can be gas or electric.
First water heater tank needs to be filled with water.
Check valving on backside of WH tank...cold valve going in bottom/hot valve coming out top and line between cold/hot valve not open.
Pop open Pressure Relief Valve (in outside compartment) to make sure water is in tank

No water in tank and electric turned on heating element burns out and will need to be replaced.
Electric has it's own ON/OFF switch. Switch can be inside trailer/outside in water heater compartment OR both (depends on mfg.)
Electric uses 110V AC circuit breaker....if tripped no power. If not connected to shore power AC source..no heating

Gas....has it's own ON/OFF switch inside trailer. Needs propane and cylinder valved in service.
Also needs good 12V DC power to function (electric may also depends on mfg.)
Good battery OR AC shore power and good converter.

SO more info.........
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Cooperd0g
Explorer
Explorer
I just spoke with a friend who also has a trailer. He said that the leaks is from over pressure so he uses a regulator as well. Apparently low water pressure in the shower is just a fact of life as he described it. Still need to figure out the hot water issue though.