cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting a car from Mi. to Fl.

Buckeye_Chuck
Explorer
Explorer
We are pulling our 5th wheel to Florida from West Michigan. We're not going to have one or the other of us follow in the car. Any ideas on a way to get the car delivered that will not cost a fortune?
2012 F250 Lariat 6.5ft. bed, 6.2L, 3:73 Gears
2013 Sabre 33CKTS-6
10 REPLIES 10

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III

Define "fortune" for us.

Bare bones cost, you are looking at maybe 75gal of fuel, so say $250, a one way flight back, say $250. 25hr drive time at $10/hr. 3 nights hotel at $100/hr...that's up over $1000

But that's an extremely cheap option. I certainly wouldn't do it for so little and if there is an accident, will your insurance cover it if you hired someone who isn't properly licensed for commercial driving? Any stranger you find willing to do it so cheap is going to be sketchy.

Do you have a friend or family member who might follow you in the car if you cover their costs?

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Jimathen
Explorer
Explorer

The Car Carriage

They've never let me down.

I'm sure the OP would appreciate this response, but this thread is 8 years old and the OP hasn't been on here in 7 years. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

is_it_friday_ye
Explorer
Explorer
I'd drive it one way for you if you fly me back. I'm a retired police officer and live in Michigan.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins SRW, Airlift airbags, Bilstein shocks, Smarty Jr., stainless turbo back exhaust, B&W Patriot 18K

2015 Grand Design Momentum 328M, disc brakes, Progressive Industries 50 amp EMS

Buckeye_Chuck
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. Still exploring my options.
2012 F250 Lariat 6.5ft. bed, 6.2L, 3:73 Gears
2013 Sabre 33CKTS-6

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
slomark wrote:
u ship

Google "U Ship" - you will get U ship and other transporter sites.

Be sure to see the negative u ship reports on one of the "hits"!..:(

IMO - check with one of the auto transporters listed in Hemmings, Old Cars, etc. (collector cars, antique autos, high dollar autos) for space available.

Reliable, insured, with excellent "track records"..:W

~

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Find a nice Military retiree with time on their hands, buy him or her a one way ticket and have them drive it down for you....
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

slomark
Explorer
Explorer
u ship
'09 Heartland Sundance 285bh, '08 CTD

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
A friend of mine sells boats for a living. He buys them from all over the country, and uses uShip to get them from wherever they are to his dealership in Nebraska.

He swears by them and says he has yet to have a problem. I am sure that would be a viable option for you to get your car moved.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Move My Car

Roadrunner

Mountway

Will check many shippers for you
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad