cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Golf Carts

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Seems we never talk about golf carts unless we're complaining about how there's too many or we're worried it won't fit in the garage or how to haul it.

We sold our EZ-GO a few years ago. But now that I'm not racing, its back to cruising speed for me. What's everyone getting these days?

Our EZ-GO was good and dependable. Dad has a Club Car that we used last week at Ocean Lakes but I can't keep using that as much as we plan to go. What about those RXVs?

We have multiple dealers around here selling lifted carts. I hope to find one I like with an a-arm lift this time but we'll see how things go. I still have a few months before I'd like to get one. Got Ocean Lakes again in August and Fort Wilderness before Christmas.
21 REPLIES 21

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
Our golf cart down south in palm springs was starting to get a little long in the tooth down so faced with yet another set of batteries and new tires etc we just decided to start bringing our little electric smart down. About the same size, convertible goes 135 KPH and with a range of about 150 KMH it'll work. We never seem to go more than 80 or 100 KMH down there anyway so what the heck. Besides, there are a ton of charging stations in the valley. Way fun car. Obviously not the right sollution for everybody but may work for some. Oh, and if you actually intend to use the cart on a golf course (we don't) then this obviously won't work.

2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
face_down wrote:

How do you like that MAX5 rear seat? That is the one I am thinking of getting?

We are very happy with the setup. It's comfortable and I've gotten no complaints. Go for it!
Regards, Rodney
TV - 2017 F350 SRW CC SB 4X4 6.7
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

dedmiston
Are there any old-timers around that remember the majestic cart from the first SoCal Rally? The Santa Cruz Mafia brought the most amazing cart with huge jet powered outriggers and incredible sound and lighting.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

face_down
Explorer
Explorer
taken wrote:
Here's mine Jamie. I went the rebuilt Club Car route for the aluminum frame as well.

How do you like that MAX5 rear seat? That is the one I am thinking of getting?
2016 Keystone Carbon 357
2006 Ford F350 4X4 CC/LB/DRW (aka Big Sexy)
Reese 20K Goose Box - Draw-Tite Remove-a-Ball

face_down
Explorer
Explorer
Just traded my 2000 Club Car DS and got a stock 2013 Club Car Precedent that just came off lease which only put me out of pocket $800. My garage is full of upgrade parts and I need to get busy and done before Memorial Day. I prefer the Club Cars for both the aluminum frames, looks and comfort.

So far I got:
Jakes 6" Lift
HD Rear Springs
LED Light Kit
Grey OEM Body (to match the Carbon TH)
Black Roof
48V to 12V Reducer
Double Take Dash
Under carriage LED's

Still need:
Wheel and Tires - Can't decide!
Rear Seat
Front Seat Vinyl to match the rear

2016 Keystone Carbon 357
2006 Ford F350 4X4 CC/LB/DRW (aka Big Sexy)
Reese 20K Goose Box - Draw-Tite Remove-a-Ball

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
Don't get a gas one for use in an RV park.

X2

Many Campgrounds do not allow gas carts....... ie Ocean Lakes

We have a refurbished Club Car

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Don't get a gas one for use in an RV park.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
You do understand that silver is considered camouflage in overcast western WA?

LOL, in Western MA, it's the only color that doesn't look like **** all covered in salt all winter. It also doesn't show chips so easy or swirls from waxing or washing with a brush...
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

Bedlam
You do understand that silver is considered camouflage in overcast western WA?

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

taken
Explorer
Explorer
LOL, wife's SUV is silver too....
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Rodney needs more silver toys.

taken
Explorer
Explorer
Here's mine Jamie. I went the rebuilt Club Car route for the aluminum frame as well.

Mod Edit: Adjusted photo width, please set to a maximum of 800x when posting photos. Thanks.
Regards, Rodney
TH - 2015 FR XLR 395AMP

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
My next project will be a yellow and black lifted gasser already dubbed the "Super Bee" and it will be another Precedent. By now, I'm pretty familiar with them. The plan is to do my own 6" bolt-on spindle lift with monster tires and wheels. They're surprisingly easy to work on with standard hand tools and can be a profitable little flip item when starting with a retired fairway cart.
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Looks almost identical to my Dad's. But his is lifted. Great looking cart there.

I like the Club Car Precedents. My dad doesn't take care of his stuff very well. But that Club Car keeps rolling along. I think he likes it when we borrow it because he knows it'll get a good cleaning and semi-detail.