cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I have never heard of Grand Design before. When I came across this model I was really impressed with the layout, weight, and length. It seems to have everything that my wife and I are looking for.

Any owners on the forum that could comment on their experience with this brand / model?

The closet dealer is General RV in Canton Ohio. Anybody have any experience with them?

Looking forward to hear the feedback on this!

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle
18 REPLIES 18

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Grand Design is making some nice looking RV interiors. That doesn't mean that everyone of them is trouble free but most owners seem to be happy.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

FWBFL
Explorer
Explorer
I was down to a Keystone Montana or the GD Solitude, both had very similar floor plans and I thought they were a very close match. the GD was from a local dealer and the Montana a long drive - I am in the South where the AC is on 24 hrs a day. The GD AC (direct air return) was very loud compared to the Montana AC(ducted air return). I went into other GD units and they sounded equally loud. I went with the Montana and am very happy, but if the GD would have had a quiet AC, it would have been a much tougher decision.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are full-timing in a Grand Design Reflection 337RLS and like it a lot. Grand Design is a relatively new company founded by former execs from other major RV companies. They have built their customer base and reputation on some of the the best customer service in the industry. That said, the quality of their RVs is not at the level of DRV, Presidential, and other "residential" class RVs, but they are as good as most and better than many - especially in the price range. What we especially like about ours is the floorplan. It's perfect for our needs as a couple living in it full-time. Be sure that you have enough truck to handle the loaded pin weight (many threads on this and other forums on the topic). We already had an almost-new 3/4 diesel but have to be careful about what we load forward of the axles in/on the trailer to stay under our 3,000 lb. payload. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Dr_Holiday
Explorer
Explorer
I've never owned a Grand Design, they were a new company when the wife and I purchased our 5th and were not sure we wanted to go with a new company.

Now we've meet lots of Grand Design owners and every single one of them is happy with their camper. I've talked to full timers, part timers, and weekend warriors. They all love the sales experience, service, and most have gone and done the factory tour and said its very different from other camper manufactures.

If i was in the market for a new camper, I'd give serious consideration to Grand Design.
Docs Holiday

2012 Ram 2500 SLT 4 Door 6.5' Bed
2014 Keystone Cougar 333MKS