cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Had to have another 5TH wheel

motor12
Explorer
Explorer
About 2 years ago we sold our 5th wheel because we thought we needed to down size. We downsized and it didn't take long to realize we had made a mistake. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but for us a bumper pull just did not cut it. Missed all the storage, ease of towing, and my favorite, the second story bedroom. A lot of improvements in hitches and pin boxes and the campers in general. We brought our new fiver home today, it feels good to be back.
8 REPLIES 8

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I keep talking about downsizing so I could put the boat back on the back, but can't seem to do it. Can't think of any of the creature comforts I'm willing to give up.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Norskeman
Explorer
Explorer
motor12 wrote:
About 2 years ago we sold our 5th wheel because we thought we needed to down size. We downsized and it didn't take long to realize we had made a mistake. I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings, but for us a bumper pull just did not cut it. Missed all the storage, ease of towing, and my favorite, the second story bedroom. A lot of improvements in hitches and pin boxes and the campers in general. We brought our new fiver home today, it feels good to be back.

Congrats on the new RV. We enjoy a fifth wheel more too.
2017 Keystone Avalanche 320RS
TV - 2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you came back to 5th wheel. I tried a MH and only took a couple of months to realize I had made a mistake. Enjoy
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

motor12
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to see I'm not the only one that's gone that route.

Dave_H_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
:S You did not invent that trick.

I did the same thing except a smaller fifth wheel. BTW the name of the current one with three slides is "The Last Resort." :W

sk734
Explorer
Explorer
My first 5ver was about 31Ft and I sold it to move up to a 38Ft for fulltiming. I have seen some plans at 34Ft that I believe would work for us if we changed. I liked backing in the 31Ft better than the 38Ft. We also could fit into more state parks. Good luck.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Happens all the time.. same with going to a MH.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Well, good for you. I've often thought of trading ours in for a 3 slide TC but I know that I would regret not having a recliner!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton