cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Headed to Colorado Dec 1st. Falcon, Co to start with

roller183
Explorer
Explorer
I've been bugging everybody here about cold weather camping etc. Well, I'm off to the Falcon/Peyton area Dec 1st from the Phoenix area.

Yep, from the frying pan to the freezer, as I sit here typing in shorts and a sleeveless shirt !! LOL

I've got heated hose for water supply, thermo cubes to turn on/off power to other accessories etc.

I've been thru several RV parks in the "Springs" as its called and bugged folks about skirting ideas/issues etc.

I stopped at Pikes Peak travel land and the fella there was VERY helpful. He could have sold me a bunch of stuff, but instead explained what was the usual way folks get by etc.

The one thing I completely forgot about was the propane heater and water heater. I plan on using the electric heat for the water. Interior heat to get up to temp and maintain during the night will be the RV propane heater, and maybe a electric heater towards the rear.

My question is: Do the propane items need adjustments etc for 6000' elevation from 1200?

I've looked in my repair/maintenance and find nothing. I looked in the owner manuals and nothing.

Thanks for any help in advance.
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport F 40 SPTS 40' 3 axle TH.
2013 RAM Mega cab Dually 6spd.auto gray
5 REPLIES 5

roller183
Explorer
Explorer
I'm staying at the Falcon RV park. No bad so far. I have wood skirting up around my 5th. Look like I've been here for a while. No frozen pipes etc so far. Fingers crossed !

Thanks

I want to thank everyone who gave me pointers and help for cold weather camping. It hasnt been too cold but your experience has helped me a bunch.

ED

tchil
Explorer
Explorer
Well It has been a nice warm Dec so far so you should have some time to adjust so that is good. Did you find an RV Park to stay at semi perm yet?
Ty
2018 Ram Cummins Mega
2007 Ragen Blackhawk 36-05

roller183
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. I am looking forward to getting there. Gotta get the skirting up first day I hope.I'll post my travel and arrival info..

Has mad mav been on the site recently?

chinook507
Explorer
Explorer
Live here and have never had to adjust anything on the fridge, furnace or water heater for propane adjustments. One thing about the Falcon/Peyton area, it stays pretty windy there all the time. Just a heads up.
2001 Excursion V10
2013 Keystone Cougar
1997 Kawasaki 1100STX Jet Ski
1991 Kawasaki Bayou 300 4X4
1989 Kawasaki Bayou 220
1989 Kawasaki Bayou 220 2X4

crabbin_cabin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have camped at that altitude many times without even thinking about any adjustments for propane. You will be cold but otherwise OK. (our children live in Falcon).