cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartland slide in slide

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Started looking at new 5th wheels may be buying in the next year or so. DW has her eye on the Big Country 3560 with the slide in slide. Just wondering if you can only extend the full slide without extending the inner. We have stayed at some parks where you would be in the bushs with the slide in slide fully extended.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu
7 REPLIES 7

stickdog wrote:
Thanks all for the info and good to know about bathroom access or lack of. That is my concern our one must is access to the potty room while traveling and on many Blue Roads there are no rest stops and we often just stop on the shoulder and often they're not that wide hate to have to open the slide. Is there enough room skinny people get in?

I have not been called skinny, ever ! ! chunky, large boned, just plain LARGE yes! I have no issues using my bathroom while travelling without using slides..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
stickdog wrote:
Thanks all for the info and good to know about bathroom access or lack of. That is my concern our one must is access to the potty room while traveling and on many Blue Roads there are no rest stops and we often just stop on the shoulder and often they're not that wide hate to have to open the slide. Is there enough room skinny people get in?

Yes.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

This is our 3rd year using our Redwood with the Slide in Slide, and we have not had any issues where we could not extend both. The extra room you get is unbelievable ! !
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
Nice big bedroom but just remember if your some where tight. Need to leave another 2 or 3 ft for your slide

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Yes you can extend the whole slide that contains the bed/hallway closet and W/D without extending the bed slide itself. The main slide needs 26". Still have room to walk around end of bed and get to front closet or open drawers on dresser. Having bought this exact coach, we cannot extend the S/S portion as it sits next to garage.

The switch to extend main slide is housed w/ the other switch for rear 2 slides on control panel. The S/S switch is in bedroom above the door nightstand which I think is a good idea so you don't/can't extend the S/S by accident if it was with the other 2 switches. 1 drawback is entry to the bathroom w/ slide in if need to use while on the road. Was told you can extend it a lil, but have to be careful w/ gaskets as they may not be in right position to keep things tight if ran out a lil too far. If so, have to fully extend the slide just to get gaskets back in "right" position. Other than that hic-cup, we love this coach.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
The ones I've seen are independent of each other.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE