cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help with slide out

thefishingal
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a Lifestyle LS36FW. It has a @30ft slide out. If I am running it in or out and I stop It takes about 15 minutes before I can resume. Anyone know what's up with this?
14 REPLIES 14

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry www.carriage-lifestyle.com
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Go to carraigelifestyle.com, register, and then go to the index board and check for slide problems. I will PM a link to you.Click here
Have Fiver will travel with little or no notice at all. I do need to stop at rest areas now and then:)

jsr21
Explorer
Explorer
It is due to voltage drop. Those full wall slide motors suck a lot of power...and it seems if you stop them in between full out or full in they don't like to resume.
I have fixed 3 of them by installing a reversing solenoid...cures them 100%. You need to sign up for the Carriage/Lifestyle forum and the answer is there.
Some of the full wall slides do it worse than others. Some of them won't move at all unless you are plugged in.
The reversing solenoid mod will cure it.

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
Here I go again. We had another similar problem on our NEW trailer on the bedroom slide which has a chain/cable/electric motor driven system. The problem turned out to be a loose connection at a crimp connector right at the drive motor on the slide. In our case the motor is above the bed on the bedroom wall. The intermittent & time delay nature of your problem led me to believe it was temperature related and still may be even with the connector or solenoid elements of the failure.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's
Former 5th wheel owner (Montana 3402RL)

thefishingal
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to search carriage/ Lifestyle but couldn't find. Can you tell me how to find that?

JW_of_Opechee_S
Explorer
Explorer
Your answer is on the carriage/lifestyle forum. The wire used for the slide motor may be loose or under sized, not sure which but if you go on that forum you will get the problem solved by people with the exact same experience.

thefishingal
Explorer
Explorer
Y'all are so awesome for reaching out. Hubby crawled in belly box and tapped on cyliniod problem solved. Just can't thank you all so much for taking time to help.
Bless you all

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, above pictured is a reset breaker. It should be located near battery compartment, or just inside basement wall. It may need replacing, or it is just doing it's job, if slide is binding/moving harder than should.

Jerry

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
thefishingal wrote:
We just bought new batteries. No luck.
Husband says it's not a hydrolic system. It's mechanical. Do you think there is a relay in this type of system?

The other type of system I am partially familiar with is a chain drive & cable system driven by an electric motor. I would guess that it would have the same relay in the power line to the electric motor that drives it, but I am unsure where it is located.

These are called auto reset circuit breakers. They interrupt the power on high temperature and reset themselves as they cool. It certainly sounds like what is happening to you.

one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's

thefishingal
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought new batteries. No luck.
Husband says it's not a hydrolic system. It's mechanical. Do you think there is a relay in this type of system?

one_strange_tex
Explorer
Explorer
There is a high temperature cut off relay in the circuit that could be defective and interrupting the power early. They are usually mounted on the wall of the battery compartment with the wiring to the hydraulic pump. Mine started doing this some on an older (~10 year) trailer, not because of the relays, but probably because the rubber seals were old and stiff. The problem was worse in cold weather.
one_strange_texan
Currently between RV's

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a generator, start it and see if you have the same problem. If you don't, it's most likely your batteries.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Slides basically are powered by your battery....Is it fully charged and in good condition?
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro