cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I put the bed down?

Shappa
Explorer
Explorer
I bought my daughter a 2009 Alfa Seeya fifth wheel. We put the bed up so I could show her the underbed storage and to air it out. Now, I can't get the bed down. with other 5th wheels I've been in, you just lifted up a little and then it slid down, this won't allow that. I can't find any pins that need pushed in on the sides of the metal arms holding the bed up, etc. Help!
7 REPLIES 7

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ours was real hard even with the OEM mattress in place....push hard feels like something is going to break.

Replaced OEM mattress with a Tempur-Pedic......very light pressure and it closes great.
I know, I know...$$$ to make the storage close easier but FT'ng the OEM mattress HAD to go. The easier closing was a side benefit :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the forum. I can't help you other than to say there is an Alfa Owners group on Yahoo that may provide an answer and a group in CA called Alfateers that may help. Good Luck
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is just a "push down hard" type as well. Give it a go.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Shappa
Explorer
Explorer
avvidclif1 wrote:
It probably has gas cylinders to raise the bed and support it. Just push down hard.

YAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I had also tried pushing down several times, but it never worked and I was afraid of breaking it. I just went back out and pushed down hard, one side slid down, but not the other. I tried again. No luck. I tried pushing down hard a third time AND voila!! It finally went down! Thank you again, so much!

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
It probably has gas cylinders to raise the bed and support it. Just push down hard.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Shappa
Explorer
Explorer
YnotTurbo wrote:
Try picking it up a little higher and see if that releases it.

I tried that. Hasn't worked. I keep hoping, so I have tried it numerous times, hoping that I was just mistaken the first dozen times. LOL 😛

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
Try picking it up a little higher and see if that releases it.
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington