cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you load/secure mororcycles? Photos?

Dan350
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All. Been looking to move up to a toy hauler. How does everyone secure motorcycles? All I'm seeing is D-rings in the garage floors. I'm mechanically inclined & can do mods.
17 REPLIES 17

SAR_Tracker
Explorer
Explorer
Run a ratcheting tie down strap to the handlebar on the right side, connecting the other side to a d-ring or eye bolt on the floor on the right side, ahead of the front wheel. Then do the same on the left side. Attach another strap somewhere on the right side aft of the seat (like where a shock would mount), and connect the other end of that strap to the floor aft of the bike. Do the same on the left side.
Rusty & Cheryl
2011 F250 2WD 6.2L Gasser
2008 Weekend Warrior FB2100
"Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education" - Victor Hugo (1802-1885)

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
Easy enough to install a front wheel chock if you like. I would not, just because I don't want to trip over it when the bike is out, or fool around with removing it. I would just tie it down with four straps. I've carried several bikes many miles that way in my trucks.

It's also true that occasionally the tires can move a bit sideways on rough roads and you have to watch for that. Or just add some straps to the bottom of the wheels to prevent it.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
My problem with a Toy Hauler is, why give up 10 foot or more of your trailer just to haul a motorcycle, & if there is a gas or oil leak from the motorcycle while in the Toy Hauler, your whole trailer smells like gas/oil..this is the reason I haul my bike in the pickup bed with a travel trailer, which I use D-rings to tie my bike to the pickup bed.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo