cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How long do you keep your Toy Haulers?

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
I'm at a year and a half and already "thinking" about my next move up..
2017 F250 PSD 4X4
2015 Livin Lite Axxcess 24FBA
2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe
38 REPLIES 38

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
My first one was 4 years. I think I have my 21 Shockwave sold now, 4 years later. I feel like it's that people keep their first one or two less years, until they find out what they really want. Or needs change. My first one was a 27 foot bumper pull. Way too big and heavy. Then the small one. Now we want a fifth wheel. ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
Txsurfer wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
We had our old bumper pull Raptor for 3 years, but we didn't use it much because we actually didn't really like it and my husband wasn't that comfortable pulling it (we originally didn't have enough truck for it), and our RZR barely fit in it (it rubbed on the wall in the garage). He did next to no research before purchasing it and I was just the girlfriend at the time so I didn't get a lot of input ๐Ÿ™‚ It pretty much looked like new when we traded it in.

This new one we plan to keep for a long time....I can't imagine going any bigger and unless some new fantastic plan comes out with a large enough separate garage, I don't see how we could go smaller either. We did a ton of research and looked at it and every other available option over the span of a year. There's still a few small things I'd change if I could, but none we looked at checked all the boxes... this one checked the most. But, we bought this thinking of the future. We're in our mid 30s and maybe thinking of having one kid, so there's room for hypothetical kid. And, should hypothetical kid happen, we may want to get a 4 seat RZR, so the garage is big enough for that too.

Yeah that where we are - we have a 2 yo boy and want enough garage space for his future toys as well as ours.. I really want a sep garage but with a 5th wheel I can't use my bed for add'l toys so that leaves us prob steering towards and open model with around 16' of garage. I look at our current TH ( our first) as kind the practice purchase to see what you really want and need. IMO The quality on my current trailer is pretty darn good ( Livin Lite all aluminum ) so have pretty much accepted the fact the next one may not be as good quality wise..

Yeah that would be the only thing that could cause us to get a bigger one, like if we had a kid and he/she wanted their own toys instead of the RZR. Or, I might want my own RZR someday... his and hers LOL!

LOL - my wife already told me she wants the Pioneer for herself. Guess that means I'm back on a dirt bike or quad at some point..
2017 F250 PSD 4X4

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Our Cyclone was two years. Two years too long. Our W&P was a year and a half but that's only because we quit racing.

Its been almost a year and a half with this Vengeance and as long as it continues to do us well, I plan to hang on to it for quite awhile.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
2nd that! (Or, I might want my own RZR someday) I'm hoping my kid well buy one so I can use it too!! I've bought all of his dirt-bikes from the age of 4 1/2 on, his 27 now so maybe?? Not sure about- (his and her's) ~ according to my wife, what's mine is her's and what's her's is her's!!

I own an 07 19"FT Attitude don't see buying another one in the future it works for us.
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Txsurfer wrote:
JAC1982 wrote:
We had our old bumper pull Raptor for 3 years, but we didn't use it much because we actually didn't really like it and my husband wasn't that comfortable pulling it (we originally didn't have enough truck for it), and our RZR barely fit in it (it rubbed on the wall in the garage). He did next to no research before purchasing it and I was just the girlfriend at the time so I didn't get a lot of input ๐Ÿ™‚ It pretty much looked like new when we traded it in.

This new one we plan to keep for a long time....I can't imagine going any bigger and unless some new fantastic plan comes out with a large enough separate garage, I don't see how we could go smaller either. We did a ton of research and looked at it and every other available option over the span of a year. There's still a few small things I'd change if I could, but none we looked at checked all the boxes... this one checked the most. But, we bought this thinking of the future. We're in our mid 30s and maybe thinking of having one kid, so there's room for hypothetical kid. And, should hypothetical kid happen, we may want to get a 4 seat RZR, so the garage is big enough for that too.

Yeah that where we are - we have a 2 yo boy and want enough garage space for his future toys as well as ours.. I really want a sep garage but with a 5th wheel I can't use my bed for add'l toys so that leaves us prob steering towards and open model with around 16' of garage. I look at our current TH ( our first) as kind the practice purchase to see what you really want and need. IMO The quality on my current trailer is pretty darn good ( Livin Lite all aluminum ) so have pretty much accepted the fact the next one may not be as good quality wise..

Yeah that would be the only thing that could cause us to get a bigger one, like if we had a kid and he/she wanted their own toys instead of the RZR. Or, I might want my own RZR someday... his and hers LOL!
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've still have my first one I bought new in 2003. I have kept it under covered storage when not in use.

Txsurfer
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:

2017 F250 PSD 4X4

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer

2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
I kept my last trailer for 8 years and plan to keep this one as long or at least until we decide to upgrade/downgrade. Since we have a loan the more important factor will be making certain we have some sort of equity in this trailer before doing anything.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside