cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to mount a flat screen tv outside

Majikal-Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to hang a 32 to 40" flat screen tv on the outside wall. Then bring in TV and leave flat mount intact. Have seen something that was white plastic covered that was used to hang other objects like a table or a cooker
Jersey Joe and Marianne with Dale the cat. #3
29 REPLIES 29

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Our Class C has a storage bay with the tv hookups inside. I have a small 19" tv I want to use there. I know about the swing arm brackets, but how are you attaching to the inside walls? Should there be a stud or something to screw them in to? Use drywall anchors? Any special product to use?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a small TV in the "basement" as well. Mine is on one of the articulating arms and stays mounted all the time. The volume doesn't go up very loud on the small TV though, so if you aren't sitting within 6' to 8' of it, you're not hearing it!
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Majikal-Joe wrote:
#1Flyboy wrote:
. . .My only hope is that you do not interfere with other people; those that wish to get away from TV, Phones, Traffic, Lights & Noise. I for one enjoy the quiet of a conversation around a campfire or looking at stars while enjoying the quiet the forest offers. . Have had people fire up LOUD generators & listen to LOUD TV's / Stereo's after 9PM ( even until sunrise ). . Well, disturbing & inconsiderate. . .MY OPINION. .

And that is just that, your opinion if you feel like you need to preach to the masses I suggest you start a post and have at it.You might even find other like minded souls looking for something to do.....

don't think he was preaching to the masses, just the jerks who have to act like trash.
bumpy
Ah don't worry about it Majikal. You get the preachers whenever you bring up outside TVs or awning lighting. As if anybody really brings a 40' 5th wheel and a diesel truck with the intent of being in isolation ๐Ÿ™‚ If you want to get away from lights, noise, phones, guitars, smoke, kids, dogs, and the sound of clanking beer bottles, you might try a pair of nice hiking boots and a backpack!

Our factory outside TV folds down from the basement ceiling so it can be viewed out the basement door under the awning. It's a Lippert made TV hanger available on LCI.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Majikal-Joe wrote:
#1Flyboy wrote:
. . .My only hope is that you do not interfere with other people; those that wish to get away from TV, Phones, Traffic, Lights & Noise. I for one enjoy the quiet of a conversation around a campfire or looking at stars while enjoying the quiet the forest offers. . Have had people fire up LOUD generators & listen to LOUD TV's / Stereo's after 9PM ( even until sunrise ). . Well, disturbing & inconsiderate. . .MY OPINION. .

And that is just that, your opinion if you feel like you need to preach to the masses I suggest you start a post and have at it.You might even find other like minded souls looking for something to do.....

don't think he was preaching to the masses, just the jerks who have to act like trash.
bumpy

Majikal-Joe
Explorer
Explorer
#1Flyboy wrote:

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2013 Puma (Forest River) came with a detachable mount (2TV mounts... flat & a swivel arm & 2 wall mounts).... Factory placed on the outside wall & ent. center. Don't know cost to order ...... Our Puma came with a 32" TV.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer

Majikal-Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys and that's what I had when in a Class A but this 5er has no basement area that is under the awning....

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Mremdal33 wrote:
May want to look at one of these. Comes with a detachable mount arm and 2 brackets so you can do what your describing.

Those mounts are for small 19" size TVs. OP needs something much stronger. Chris

I couldn't find a weight rating anywhere>
bumpy

I have two of those units without the arm, just direct mount, tilt up/down and swing left/right. Trust me they are not for large TV like OP is wanting to mount.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

I keep a 32" in my basement.. I set it up at the cargo door on top of a small box so it is raised up a little ,I ran a Cable from the utilities hook up hatch , threw the basement and keep it coiled up near the door. When I am done watching I simply close the door and lock it.... Or take it inside with me...I did not want to hang any mounts on the outside of my trailer..Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
Mremdal33 wrote:
May want to look at one of these. Comes with a detachable mount arm and 2 brackets so you can do what your describing.

Those mounts are for small 19" size TVs. OP needs something much stronger. Chris

I couldn't find a weight rating anywhere>
bumpy

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mremdal33 wrote:

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would want to mount the swing-out arm inside the storage bay area so I could swing it back inside out of the way when we need to leave the area for a second or in travel mode... Just close the pass thru storage bay door and be done with it.

What we do alot at the camp grounds is bring along a two-port transformer adapter and a short TV cable and when we hookup to the camp ground cable TV will add the 2-port tap and run a second cable under the trailer to the outside area under the awning. Then we can bring out our portable HDTV and sit it on a small table in the awning area.

Doing it this way always makes us put the TV up either inside the trailer or inside the pass thru storage when we both walk away from the trailer.

Works out good for us.

We have always saw where folks that have the big large TV's seem to draw road traffic hanging around watching your TV from the site road etc... Also some folk don't care much about you having a big screen TV blaring away just a few feet away from their side of the trailer...

We have always keep it small in operations - It is nice for us to have a TV in our sitting area but never felt the urge to go big time operations doing it.

Our setup can be put away rather quick when inclement weather suddenly pops up.

Just my thoughts

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Mremdal33
Explorer
Explorer

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
they make TV mounts that are detachable for travel.
bumpy