cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Humidifiers

2hammers
Explorer
Explorer
We spend our winters in Tucson in our Jayco Eagle Premier..we love the weather here..except for one thing..the air inside is terribly dry. If you have used a humidifier.. where do you place it? In the lower part of the fiver or up in the bedroom? We bought a really nice humidifier..just wondering...
4 REPLIES 4

SanMarMor
Explorer
Explorer
I would put it close to the cold air return, so the humidified air can be sucked up and circulated throughout the trailer.

Mark
2007.5 Chevy 3500HD Crew DMax Dually 4x4 w/ Curt Q5 20K Hitch
2011 Sabre 31RETS-6 w/ TrailAir Pin

44 nights in 2013, 37 nights in 2014, 27 nights in 2015, 29 nights in 2016
34 nights in 2017, 27 in 2018

http://camping.morrises.com/

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Research the different types and the advantages/disadvantages of using a humidifier. The Mayo Clinic recommends keeping the inside relative humidity between 30% and 50%. Humidity levels that are too high (or a contaminated humidifier) can cause problems with mold, mildew, dust mites and airborne bacteria. "Cool mist" or ultrasonic humidifiers are the safest, but all humidifiers must be regularly maintained and cleaned.

Rob
(retired Army nurse)
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

path1
Explorer
Explorer
I say put it where you think it will do the best job.

But one thing to be carful about, depending on your sinuses. Outside humidity low and inside will be high. Right now Tucson is 28%. If you crank up humidity inside RV high, some people get nose bleeds or headaches from the humidity changes. No big deal for most people. I'm not a Dr or anything even close to one. Only reason I know is because last year of a couple next to us. They are from a high humidity area and she kept getting nose bleeds while in Yuma, where low humidity is the norm. She eventually went to a Dr and now keeps RV in the 40-50 range. Probably lots on-line about what is best ranges.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO humidity (air moisture) will disperse throughout the RV with the furnace air blowing it around. but in the bedroom it will be a good source of white noise.
bumpy