cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Infinity 5er

SaladBowl
Explorer
Explorer
I am contemplating purchasing a new 5er, Have been looking at the Infinity by Dutchman 3640Rl/3850Rl Any one have one, know somebody who has one, am looking for any comments and or opinions , good or bad, would like to know what others have to say before making a deal. Thank You
8 REPLIES 8

rmalik1
Explorer
Explorer
SaladBowl wrote:
I am contemplating purchasing a new 5er, Have been looking at the Infinity by Dutchman 3640Rl/3850Rl Any one have one, know somebody who has one, am looking for any comments and or opinions , good or bad, would like to know what others have to say before making a deal. Thank You

I would check out the size of the frame! For the size/weight they have a small frames. It may not have a affect but then again it's the change you take.
I do like how they look on the inside but but the build is most important!
2012 Cedar Creek 36RE w/ Level Up
B&W Turnover w/ 18k Companion Hitch
08 Ford 350 Lariat DW PSD Crew Cab Long Bed 4:30

jeldridge97
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 2013 Infinity 3800FB in May. We love the floorplan. The large front bath and 1/2 batch are great. If we had it to over again we wouldn't buy a Dutchmen. Our previous 5er was a Keystone Cougar 318SAB and we only experienced 2 problems. 2 blowouts at different times and on different sides, and bubbles in 2 other tires. The decals started peeling bad on the front cap and then slowly on the sides. We needed more room and wanted a stackable washer/drier. A stackable won't fit in the front closet even though the brochure says it will so we had to settle for an all-in-one vented unit. The dealer found and fixed a lot of little things. Since we took deliver we've been sitting in an RV park in Ohio. There have been a lot of little things going wrong. The crown molding along the ceiling has warped in 2 places. The toilet in the 1/2 bath started leaking. The design for the screens in the windows is awful. Already had to fix one by installing clips on the inside to hold the screen in. Bottom rubber seal on the tv/kitchen slide was repaired by the dealer to fix a gap and now there are a few gaps that I need to fix. The hinge on a cabinet door broke. Replaced 1 wood mini blind and have 2 more than need to be replaced. We're going to slowly replace all mini blinds with day/night shades or MCD shades. Yesterday I was walking around the camper and noticed a piece of wood hanging down from one of the slideouts. Something else I'll have to fix. I could go on but I think you get the point. The build quality on our unit is lacking to say the least. We're wondering what other problems we'll encounter when we start moving around the country. PM me if you want any more info.

Jerry
2019 Forester 3051S Class C
2019 Ford F150 XLT CC 4x4

Golden_boys
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2011 Grand Junction by Dutchman. Poor quality and they wouldn't stand behind their 2 yr. warranty when our slide separated from the floor, saying that it was an attachment and not part of the unit. Go figure!! Needless to say we traded it. Semper Fi

txdutt
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up our 2013 Infinity 3860MS--had our first long weekend in it. Love the amount of interior room & storage in it both outside & inside (and the 6pt self leveling!). Have some small irritations on items having to tweak in it like doors, latches, cabinet doors etc. Whoever put the master control panel for the lights/awnings/etc behind a glass panel ought to have their head examined...We were looking at Jayco Pinnacles as well but bought the Infinity since it was a better deal and we liked the floor plan better.
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD w/Curt 20K Lb Hitch & rear Timbrens
2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er/15.5K GVW/41'
U.S. Navy 1978-1986

cearly
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a one-year-old 2012 Dutchmen Infinity 3850RL, planning on it being our retirement home when we finally get to go full-time. Our TV reception is fantastic, compared to our 2002 Keystone Cougar (pre-HD antenna). Love the double-wide refrigerator and walk-in closet. Will keep you posted on future results - second trip is this coming weekend!
Jim & Chris Early
2012 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Long Bed "Moby Dick"
2012 Dutchmen Infinity 3850RL

garysol
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a link to a recent thread...

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/26843649.cfm
2020 GMC Canyon
2022 NoBo 19.2

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a few years, but my first 5er was a Dutchman. Terrible build quality, and worse customer service dealing with the factory. Hope they are better now, but I would never consider another Dutchman.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Not the Infinity but the Dutchmen made Voltage toy hauler. We are very impressed with the build quality and hopefully the infinity should be the same.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE