Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

JUST GOT 5TH WHEEL AND HAVE A FEW QUESTION

Jnet_12
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,
We just got this 2004 Mountaineer Montana 298RLS .. It is in great shape no water damage at all!!! It has been seating for two years and it needed a good bath ๐Ÿ™‚ and boy did I give it to him ๐Ÿ™‚ from top to bottom:) The roof has no leaks at all but does have a few bubbles and was told to leave them a lone as long as there isnt any leaks or rips.. Just need to replace a few things like the awnings THEY ARE DRY ROT and the sofa mattress and bed room mattress .. Not sure what size the sofa mattress is being there isnt one in there any longer.... I was told the bed was a queen but not sure what the size is. Someone told us that must of them in there are like 60 x 75 does that sound right? Does anyone know so we can get new ones? The inside of this 5th wheel looks great, but the mattress need to be replace!!!! We took it out a few weeks ago and did a run with it and we were so happy to see that everything worked great even the heat:) I have to say for the price we got it for was great so we have a few dollars to replace something.. We got it for 7,000.. The owner took care of it but had a stroke and was no longer able to,so we got it.. It also has new tires on it as well.. Anyway if anyone knows the sizes of the mattresses and where we could get new ones with out spending a lot of money.. please let us know.. Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
18 REPLIES 18

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
SWD wrote:
New tires and unit has been sitting for two years? Mmm....I'd really check those tires for cracks and uv damage. As far as your mattresses go, any place that sells mattresses can get you and rv queen, which is what yours are. A reg queen is 60x80. Cheaper but you may not have enough room.

OP should look at the date code on those "new tires"! A trailer that size does really well on LT235/85R16E's or LT245/75R16E's. OP what are make and model of the tires.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Samโ€™s Club has mattress toppers for varies sizes. Measure your frame and buy the next largest size from Samโ€™s. They are very easy to cut with an electric knife, so you could trim off the excess and get out of the whole situation for under $150. Good luck and happy trails.

Lakeside

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
New tires and unit has been sitting for two years? Mmm....I'd really check those tires for cracks and uv damage. As far as your mattresses go, any place that sells mattresses can get you and rv queen, which is what yours are. A reg queen is 60x80. Cheaper but you may not have enough room.

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
Measure the bed.