Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keyless rv lock

tlemon
Explorer
Explorer
Any opinions on the keyless rv lock?

RVLock V4 Keyless Handle w/ Integrated Keypad & Fob https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N58KQMQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_55rMybGSH474A
28 REPLIES 28

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
heaterswa wrote:
I keep the keys in the garage, and the garage is locked by these:

Combi Locks

-Bryan

Keypads are about convenience, your method does work but I'm not sure it's convenient. Your unlocking 2 doors vs. one. Then you still need to put the keys back.
I do like combi locks. I had them on my prior RV
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
heaterswa wrote:

Combi Locks

-Bryan

Interesting idea. I have hidden keys outside of the camper too but this is definitely more secure.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
shepstone wrote:
The keyed ones aren't foolproof either The lock messed up on ours last winter, couldn't get the key out and it wouldn't unlock, happened while staying with the mother-in-law in Surry BC. We were camping in her driveway. Had to get locksmith out at 9:00pm

Yikes, what a pain. I have heard of this happening before, though. Makes me wonder if I should think about replacing mine since the camper is approaching 10 years old.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

heaterswa
Explorer
Explorer

Combi Locks

-Bryan
Me, Wife, 3 daughters, and a woof woof
TV: 06 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4WD / Prodigy / Reese Signature 18K
FW: 07 KZ Durango 315BH / Fifth Airborne / Sidewinder / JT Strong Arm Stabilizers

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been in 122 degree heat for days in Desert Hot Springs, CA with sun directly on lock with zero issues.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
The keyed ones aren't foolproof either The lock messed up on ours last winter, couldn't get the key out and it wouldn't unlock, happened while staying with the mother-in-law in Surry BC. We were camping in her driveway. Had to get locksmith out at 9:00pm
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

Dumoldles
Explorer
Explorer
I had problems with my keyless lock system...nothing like returning from a summer long trip, it's 102 temp, and you want to start the unloading process and can't open the darn camper door. The folks at RV Lock were real nice and sent me a replacement unit that sits on my work bench waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. I decided to go with the the original lock set that came with my camper. Sometimes simple works out better.

Dumoldles

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
It's trustworthy enough you can just leave the key in your car or hidden beneath the RV somewhere. I have yet to be locked out in 4 years.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
Given the quality of campers I wouldn't trust the gizmo to work so I'd carry my key anyway. As long as I carry the key I might as well use it. I had several Ford cars with keyless entry, with those I often left my keys in the car---I trusted Ford.

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
installed ours about a month or so ago. Like the key fob clicker enough I may consider ones for the baggage door. Watch for sales. Got ours for their Christmas promo price. The best presents are the ones we buy for ourselves.....
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I really like this one just program the code you want into it. Have a hidden key just in case.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Arcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Big1 wrote:
I have been looking at one myself and are planning on getting one for my main door and my garage door later.

I have one on my main door and they are great. I tried to put them on both my baggage doors but the doors were to thick so they will not work on a newer Montana. Make sure to measure your door thickness before ordering. The company was very good about taking them back and said they are working on a lock for the thicker doors. The entrance door lock was easy to install and has worked flawless for over a year now.
2016 Montana 3100RL Legacy(LT's,Joy Rider 2's,disc brakes)
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Cummins/Aisin 14,000 GVWR
2014 Ford Expedition Limited, HD tow pkg
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
1999 Stingray 240LS
1994 Chevy 1500 5.7 PU
2018 John Deere 1025R
B&W RVK3600 Hitch

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
We put one on this winter. It is nice to be able to go to the pool and not have to take keys. Watch for special pricing, RVLocks has sales all the time.

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

waltbennett
Explorer
Explorer
Bought one at a rally for a decent price. We were at the beginning of a two month trip and I didn't get to installation for a couple of weeks. Had some issues at first, so I let it sit in my tool box until we got home. After installing it, the latch lock (not the deadbolt) key jammed and stopped working - the remote was still fine, but I didn't like the idea of not being able to open it with a key (just in case!). Contacted the maker and was told the thing only had a thirty day warranty! Got a new key-type lock from Amazon and put it on.
'06 F350 TD, Softopper, airbags, AeroShield, coolant filter
'10 3665RE Hickory edition, wetbolts, Firestone LTs, Trimetric Battery Monitor, 4x100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking.