cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone Montana

dstephens
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to receive input as to the Pro's and Con's of the Keystone Montana 5th Wheel trailers. I have noticed that there are a large number of used Montana 5th wheels for sale at the Dealers. Is there a reason? Are they built well or do they not hold up well?

Thanks
Dale
2013 Silverado 2500HD
Ext. Cab/short bed
2005 Jayco 31RLS DESIGNER Fifth wheel
67 REPLIES 67

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
I would definitely recommend a Montana Fifth Wheel they have served me well for the past 8 years with no major problems. I am speaking from experience , not an opinion.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Same quality as the rest. But great floor plans and good looks go a long way towards selling a 5'er.

topjimmy
Explorer
Explorer
You would think if they were bad people would stop buying them a long time ago 11+ years #1 and still going stronger than ever, NOT saying they are built better than anybody else they just make a nice 5th with a lots of value and you will get good money for them when it is time to move on to your next 5th Montana or some other Brand, Just Sold my 2012 for a 2015 Monty and I am not brand loyal when I am spending 70K But I could not find any brand that gives you so much for the money and I had great service from the 2012, I have been Fulltiming in my 5th's for 4 years in all kinds of weather and roads and I would know if something is cheaply built and Montana's are not cheaply built
2015 Montana 3735MK Legacy,2007 3500HD GMC Dually LBZ Duramax/Allison ,Pacbrake,Firestone Airbags Bullydog Tuner

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go look one over CLOSELY they offer a lot for the money but IMHO they are very cheaply built. My parents friends love theirs as do other friends of ours but I know several that hate theirs. So it's a mixed bag.

I am a very picky person, finish carpenter/perfectionist. So i may be more critical than most. We really looked a 3400 over years ago but I could not get past the poor quality.

All JMHO.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We bought our 2007 Montana new July '07, very happy with it and almost no problems.

Actually Montana has been the best selling 5er for the last 11 years. So naturally you will see more used ones. There is a very active Montana Owners Club forum. Many members are on their 2nd, 3rd, or more Montanas.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
ChopperBill wrote:
Montana is the number one seller, hence lots around.

+1
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

2-MTnesters
Explorer
Explorer
We can't be happier with our Montana. This is the 2nd 5th wheel and 6th RV we have owned and is by far the nicest. The build quality is great and so far everything has held up nicely. I will say that Keystone skimps on the tires that they put on the Montana's. These are heavy rigs and they put "E" rated 10 ply tires on them instead of 14 ply tires. If you are considering buying a Montana I would highly suggest getting on the Montana Owners Club forum and ask questions. Very knowledgeable group of folks. Tim
The Webers
Me- Tim
DW- Dea
Pooch- JoJo boxer/lab mix
2010 Keystone Montana 3400RL Hickory Edition "The Taj Mahaul II"
2004.5 GMC Siera 2500HD SLT CC 4x4,6.6 Duramax/Allison, 3:73 gears, Firestone air bags, Reese 16K slider, TFI 45 gal fuel tank, Rhino Liner

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Montana is the number one seller, hence lots around.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS