cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen Holding Tank Let Go

Iceman31
Explorer
Explorer
After supper tonight heard a loud bang from underneath the floor. Went outside to investigate. Water leaking from underneath. Wife an I narrowed it down to the kitchen holding tank. Our shower holding tank is always open. Water was grey water so that leaves the kitchen holding tank. Of course it is an enclosed insulated underbelly so canโ€™t see for sure the damage. I poked holes in the underbelly to drain the water. I have insurance so my question is will insurance cover this damage? Have any of you experienced anything like this before? Our FW is on our seasonal site and never moves. Look forward to hearing your thoughts in my predicament.
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Express Night Edition
2018 Venture RV Sporttrek 343VIK
2017 Hyundai Tuscon SE AWD
2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited
2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS1
2004 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
2011 Crestliner Superhawk c/w 115HP Mercury
2012 Honda CBR250
9 REPLIES 9

Iceman31
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Palamino Sabre 34TBOK
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Express Night Edition
2018 Venture RV Sporttrek 343VIK
2017 Hyundai Tuscon SE AWD
2016 Hyundai Sonata Limited
2014 Chevrolet Camaro LS1
2004 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
2011 Crestliner Superhawk c/w 115HP Mercury
2012 Honda CBR250

WillT
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
I always feared this on our last TT. The tank was hung by some little ears at the top and nothing on the bottom.
Our new TT has a nice big piece of channel iron across the bottom of the fresh tank. Great huh!
Unfortunately they have nothing across the equally large and heavy grey and black tanks which are mounted the same way as the fresh.

I have noticed this on Arctic Fox and Nash TTs. Fresh tank is supported, gray and black not. Odd.
2001 F-350 4X4 V10 64,000 miles
2018 Nash 26N
2014 Nash 17K (Previous)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I always feared this on our last TT. The tank was hung by some little ears at the top and nothing on the bottom.
Our new TT has a nice big piece of channel iron across the bottom of the fresh tank. Great huh!
Unfortunately they have nothing across the equally large and heavy grey and black tanks which are mounted the same way as the fresh.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Just Google "RV tank fell out" and you will have plenty of reading. The bottom line is that the manufacturers only look at how fast and cheaply the tanks can be slapped in, structural integrity is not even a consideration.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Insurance for repairs? Unusual but since youโ€™ve confirmed coverage by reading your policy, interesting.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
time to call your insurance agent.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
If one grey water valve is always open, why not both ??

This might be something cracked from freezing.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Sea_Six
Explorer
Explorer
What year, make and model do you have?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Ins. would cover the water damage but since it wasn't struck by anything and just fell out, you'll have to pay to repair the tank.
Wonder what happened!