cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Landing gear motor moving.

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
I discovered when retracting the landing gear under load, the entire motor assembly rotates counter-clockwise about 1/8 of the way around. This has resulted in a gouge in the motor casing by a set screw on the rod that goes to the other side. It appears that there is a lug on the piece the motor is mounted to that is suppose to engage the side of the landing gear tube and keep that piece/motor from rotating. However, when under load, there is enough play in that piece to allow the lug to slide past.
I discovered one of the two bolts holding the motor on had some extra metal that wasn't trim off of the head. This resulted in the bolt not seating into the recess, and not fulling engaging the threads. This also slightly bent the bolt. I replaced the bolt, and this helped a little with the motor not swing out of place when not under load. However, it still wants to twist out of position when under load. I have long arms and can hold it in place and activate the retract switch, but would like a more permanent solution. I cannot see where there is anywhere to make an adjustment on the piece with the lugs to keep it snug to the square tube. Am I missing something obvious? I took the motor off, but didn't attempt to disassemble it any further. I looked for something i could zip tie the lug to to keep it in place, but there isn't anything on the inside front wall to secure it to.
'05 Keystone Challenger 34 TBH 5th wheel MOR/ryde SRE/4000, Dexter wet bolt kit
'05 HD Dodge 3500 DRW extended cab CTD, 4X4, 4:10 gears
Mike & Shannon
Son Kasey & Daughter Lindsay
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade
Golden Retriver - JD (Just Dog)
5 REPLIES 5

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
Got the parts in from Venture today. All installed and working great. Thanks for the assistance.
Mike & Shannon
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
Got to where I keep the trailer today and took apart the landing year motor. This is what I found
Will call Venture tomorrow and order a replacement.
Well the pics didn't post. They are here Pic 1 Pic 2
Mike & Shannon
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade

CentralCoastCam
Explorer
Explorer
It is plastic.

If the set screw wasn't hit the aluminum motor housing, I wouln't be as concerned, and probably wouldn't have noticed it.
Mike & Shannon
Alaskan Klee Kai - Kade

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
There should be two pads on the gear box that act as locating Stops. Sounds like one of yours is broken. Is your gear box plastic or aluminum? If it is plastic, and you have a Venture Mfg landing gear, give them a call new design aluminum gear box is pretty cheap, and easy to replace.

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
Mine moves also, when I first hit the switch it will rotate like you said and when u let off it comes right back.
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually