Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Landing leg

BiggestRon
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
Every time I read this blog, I learn about another maintenance issue I'm not doing. So I decided to lubricate my landing gear screw shaft. After drilling a hole there is something in the way.

My question is: Where would i find and exploded view of the landing leg? I don't know the manufacturer.

Ron
Ron and Sue

If Wisdom is a virtue of old age then gravity is its vice.

Desist from numerically calculating fowls which have failed to fully realized their proper incubation period.
4 REPLIES 4

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
On top of all that, drilling without taking everything apart first means you probably now have metal shavings that will year up the works. Take it off the fiver, take it apart, clean everything up and do it right.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
A normal leg is composed of three parts: the outside tube that mounts to the trailer, the inner tube that moves up and down due to the turning of the screw, and the inner tube that is free to slide up and down and you use to adjust for uneven ground.

If you drill a hole in the outer tube, the inner tube is still going to be in the way of getting grease to the screw, unless you've drilled high enough for the inner leg to be out of the way when it is run down with the motor.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

NMDriver2
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ˜‰ The screw is what is most likely "in the way" and hopefully you did not drill into it. If your landing gear does not have a zerk fitting then take the cap on top off and put a small dab of grease on the top gears. Use Bing images and search for 5th Wheel landing gear schematics.
Turret Class traveler

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take the top cap off, flip it over and look. Most will have a build tag there with everything you need.