cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large slide squeals when retracting

kep5niner
Explorer
Explorer
The last two times that I had the FW out before the end of the season, when retracting the largest slide, there is a high-pitched squeal. I figured it was a warranty issue so I wasn't too concerned. But now, having the pleasure of working with my local dealer, their ability leads me to believe I'm on my own for fixing the slide issue.

Any idea what could be making that sound when retracting? It's a LCI electric slideout system. I've researched the LCI slideout owners manual, and based upon the parts diagram, I don't really see anything that could be making that sound. I almost thought it sounded like a failed roll-bearing of some sort, but I didn't see any indication of such. I've lubricated everything I can see (dry lube). I haven't opened up the underbelly yet - if I do, that won't happen until the spring.

Here's a link to the LCI slideout owners manual, in case I'm missing something:

LINK

Any suggestions on what it may be? Thanks!
2016 Salem Hemisphere 368 RLBH / 2014 F250 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke / 2011 Bayliner 315 / T/5.0 MPI
17 REPLIES 17

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
So is it your large slide on the drivers side? I am having a similar issue with my dinette slide, and it does sound like metal on metal. Looking underneath I wonder if its where the ram goes into the pass-through hole of the frame? There might be something to the rubber also as now that mine's a year old im sure the rubber is less pliable. I did use brake cleaner on all the exposed "workings" I could see and then used a light dry silicone spray on cogs/gears etc but no change. Im wondering if when the slide "tips" as it comes in if the floor is just dragging on an area that should have had a wear strip...

For sure let us know if you track it down, possibly with pics as there is no way im going to a dealer as they will say its normal. I don't think that a loud squeal inside and out is normal and may lead to wear on a part I cant fix easily or cheap.

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

kep5niner
Explorer
Explorer
It would be great if it was that easy! Thanks for the response 🙂
2016 Salem Hemisphere 368 RLBH / 2014 F250 Platinum 6.7 Powerstroke / 2011 Bayliner 315 / T/5.0 MPI

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's probably the slide rubber. No big deal. You can try silicone lube spray.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman