cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaving 5th Wheel for an extended Period

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
When leaving my 5th Wheel for an extended Period without Electric hooked up, how long will my Frig work on a full 30 Pound Propane Tank?
God Bless!
21 REPLIES 21

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
ventrman wrote:
All of my Questions have been answered. I will just leave the door propped open with the Frig shut down. Thanks everyone.

It is also a good idea to wipe down the interior about 24 hours after shutting it down.....if you are able to do that.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on the size of the battery bank first of all.

Second, why leave it on if you won't be there for weeks?
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
352 wrote:

The question was how long would a fridge run on a 30lb tank. Not how long the battery would last or power to run the converter. I think he got the answers for both.

Re-read OPs 1st post......
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
All of my Questions have been answered. I will just leave the door propped open with the Frig shut down. Thanks everyone.
God Bless!

Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
352 wrote:
ventrman wrote:
When leaving my 5th Wheel for an extended Period without Electric hooked up, how long will my Frig work on a full 30 Pound Propane Tank?

On low in central Fl. in the summer, empty, with an interior circulation fan was 28 days. The reason I know this is because I also wanted to know. So I filled one up and turned it on and 28 days later it was empty. And I tried it on electric for 28 days and checked the kilowatt hours. Gas is for sure cheaper.

And during those 28 days you must have had some means of battery charging.

OP would be running off of battery......no charging
Fridges only uses roughly 2200btu per hr (or less)---roughly 291 hrs of run time on a 30# (7 gal) cylinder

The question was how long would a fridge run on a 30lb tank. Not how long the battery would last or power to run the converter. I think he got the answers for both.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
352 wrote:
ventrman wrote:

On low in central Fl. in the summer, empty, with an interior circulation fan was 28 days. The reason I know this is because I also wanted to know. So I filled one up and turned it on and 28 days later it was empty. And I tried it on electric for 28 days and checked the kilowatt hours. Gas is for sure cheaper.

And during those 28 days you must have had some means of battery charging.

OP would be running off of battery......no charging
Fridges only uses roughly 2200btu per hr (or less)---roughly 291 hrs of run time on a 30# (7 gal) cylinder
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
ventrman wrote:
the Reason I was asking is......

That does not explain why you would WANT to leave the frig on for 6 months even if you could.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Explorer
Explorer
ventrman wrote:

The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ventrman wrote:
2oldman wrote:
I was going to see how old your 5er is, but your profile shows a DP.
I have not changed my Profile. I have a 2006 Forest River 5th Wheel.
This forum is playing tricks on me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
JMO of course, but if I was leaving it for 6 months I'd empty the fridge, turn it off, and prop the doors open. Why take a chance that something may happen to shut down the fridge? That would be one horrible mess.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
the Reason I was asking is we are leaving the 5th Wheel in south Texas. We have purchased another one in Tennessee. We will stay in it for 6 Months during the Summer every Year, then back to Texas every Winter. The RV Park down here will probably require that all Electric be cut off while we are in Tennessee.
God Bless!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
My parents had the old style refer in their 1963 trailer. It used no electronics. Dad ran the refer all summer on one 20 pound propane tank. I kind of wish they still put those in today's campers.

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:

I have not changed my Profile. I have a 2006 Forest River 5th Wheel.
God Bless!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman