cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert 6 Point Level Up System

rkassl
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of talk on some other forums about the touch pad failing. Has anyone one replaced this on their trailer? If so could tell me what to expect, looks like there maybe a couple of small screws around the outside, is it connected by some type of wire connector behind it?

Thanks
2015 Montana 3440RL Legacy Edition
PullRite Super 5th 20K hitch
Morryde Pin Box
Dish Tailgater and King Tailgater Satellite Systems
2016 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 SRW CC full bed
8 REPLIES 8

GACamper
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
GACamper wrote:
Replaced my. It's very simple. Disscount your battery to be safe, remove the screws pull the old pad out and unplug it. Plug in the new pad and re-doing it. Re-connect your battery.

Did you have to recalibrate to level the system after ?

No calibrating needed. Just unplug the old panel and plug the new one up. Very simple.
2013 Montana 3800RE
RV FlexArmor sprayed RV roof..Big Improvement!
A/C, Color TV and a Microwave...Isn't Nature Great?
04.5 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 5.9L

GACamper wrote:
Replaced my. It's very simple. Disscount your battery to be safe, remove the screws pull the old pad out and unplug it. Plug in the new pad and re-doing it. Re-connect your battery.

Did you have to recalibrate to level the system after ?
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

GACamper
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Montana 3800RE
RV FlexArmor sprayed RV roof..Big Improvement!
A/C, Color TV and a Microwave...Isn't Nature Great?
04.5 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 5.9L

MrRetired821
Explorer
Explorer
Thought mine was going out so bought new one. Found that the circuit board behind the push button panel had somehow got off track. Removed the circuit board, just slips out behind a couple of tabs, put it back in. No more problems. Now I have an extra one.
Smokey&Bobbye

dennis1949
Explorer
Explorer
mine failed under warranty Dealer replaced it
Dennis Carpenter
Decatur Alabama
2012 GMC 3/4 ton Z71 Diesel
2016 Forest River Blue Ridge. 3045 RL

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
avvidclif1 wrote:
Why not ask the people that have had them fail and replaced them. I've never heard of one failing.

??? Looks to me like that is exactly what the OP did!
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine was easy to replace. You don't do anything with the screws. There is a slot (at the top I think) that you put a straight-slot screwdriver into and push down (I think) to release a plastic tab. Then you pull forward on the entire touchpad and it comes out of the housing. There is a multi-pin connector on the back.

I had two fail in the first 16 months and Lippert replaced both for free even though one was out-of-warranty. My problems had to do with certain buttons becoming intermittent. Had to press them multiple times to get a response.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Why not ask the people that have had them fail and replaced them. I've never heard of one failing.
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler