cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

list price

thebudman
Explorer
Explorer
Quick question: what's the percentage off the list price for a new toyhauler? Is it in the 20-25% range? What is the realsitc number I should be shooting for?
08 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6 sp manual
08 WW FK 2100
08 Rhino, 99 Honda TRX 400
8 REPLIES 8

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
(realsitc number)If your not laughing at your own offer it's too high!
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am convinced MSRP is just there to allow the dealers to work more deals. If you have a trade in that you are making payments on you are likely upside down. The MSRP allows the dealers to roll that into the total cost, or give you an inflated trade in value and still finance the new trailer since the bank still sees the deal as within the list price. Obviously causes a person to overpay but it's a game the dealers play to make the sale, and if you are in a situation where you are ok overpaying a bit for a new trailer then it works out. Overall 25-30% seems to be the number.

jlud
Explorer
Explorer
Ordered a 2015 at 34% off list for xlr

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the popularity of the model and demand in the area you are buying, you should be able to easily get between 20% & 30% off MSRP. The easier it is for the dealership to sell a particular model, the less they will discount.

thebudman wrote:
Quick question: what's the percentage off the list price for a new toyhauler? Is it in the 20-25% range? What is the realsitc number I should be shooting for?
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
AS low an out the door price you can negotiate.
MSRP is a fallacy
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Got 30% off on ours. But it makes me wonder if the MSRP is a bogus number to begin with. What if the stated MSRP is the true MSRP inflated by 30% knowing it'll be reduced 30%? What if it's just a big scam to make us think we're getting a super cool deal? I look at my Voltage and can't imagine there being $109k worth of stuff in it but after my 30% off it seems more real.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

jareddustin
Explorer
Explorer
we got about 27% when we bought ours in October

iawoody2
Explorer
Explorer
30%