cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Living slide stuck

jhlee
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 KZ 37k toy hauler. The living room slide in half way. It appears the gear is stripped at the motor. Motor tuns but not the bars. In the owners manual it states to manually operate use a 3/8 socket on the 3/8 in rod. The end of the rod on this model for the living room is under the stairs but the rod is round on the end. I verified it is the correct rod by pushing the electric button and it turns a little until you hear the gears slipping. I have dropped the under belly already but I am unable to find a way to manually crank it in. Does anyone have an idea? The handle supplied only fits the landing gear which the 3/8 rod on the end is half moon shaped but not the shaft for the slides. I am sure I am looking in the wrong place but I just do not see it.
4 REPLIES 4

jhlee
Explorer
Explorer
Once I found where the motor is I cut the underbelly. The shaft is scare so I used a crescent wrench to close the slide. Apparently I am missing one tool which is slotted at the end of the 3/8 shaft that has a key through it. It is not the same as the landing gear shaft to manually crank. Thank. Now to replace the motor gears.

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the very ends of the rod. Some are designed for a socket and ratchet to be used in an emergency.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

jhlee
Explorer
Explorer
I was hoping it would be the pin so I dropped the under carriage cover so I could see the motor and shaft. When my wife operates the switch the shaft will not turn on either side of the motor and it sounds like the gears are stripped in the gear box. grinding noise. While inside if I push on the slide it will move a few inches then stop and continue to make a grinding noise. Still trying to figure out how to manually open and close the living room slide.

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK on my slide there is a pin in that bar, at the motor end. It connects the square tube with the interior rod stock that is connected to the motor. And it can be sheared off. If it is replacing it fixes the problem. I have yet to locate a good hard pin to replace the original and screws and such don't last more that a few months. It's about 1/8" diameter on mine.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper