Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for an RV transporter in the Denver CO area

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone,

I am looking at purchasing a very large/heavy custom built used 5th wheel RV in the Denver CO area and need it moved to a storage yard where I will store it for a few months until I can make arrangements to move it to it's new home later this spring/summer.

I only need the trailer moved a short distance right now, the storage yard is only about 15 miles from where the trailer currently sits. Once I get the lot set up for the trailer I will then need it moved approx. 1,000 miles.

The trailer is approx. 24k pounds and 45' long with a pin weight of approx. 6,000 pounds so I can't do it with my current truck.

Any contacts in the area would be great....thanks so much.
2000 American Coach 45' Heritage
11 REPLIES 11

sarahm
Explorer
Explorer
Local RV mover wanted to charge me $150. for my 15 min move, and he had a 3 week waiting list. Got lucky, guy at work moved it for me during lunch for free. Maybe you know a friend or relative who can help.

reluyog
Explorer
Explorer
Give me a little more info, I might be able to help you out. Message if you prefer.
Damian
1983 KW W900, 3406B Cat, RTO14615, 355's
1995 Carriage by Carriage triple axle 22K

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
Good suggestions...thanks guys

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call a RV dealer in the area and they will probably know someone who can do it.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
A local wrecker service should be able to move it.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like an awful lot of pin weight for a 1 ton pickup. I'm sure someone will do it though.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

meleavingsoon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys...

Since I am only needing to go a very short distance I would defininately try to move it myself but I am 1000 miles away. And since I will absolutely need it moved by someone else in a couple of months I was hoping to go ahead and meet someone now.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Call mark with snore and bore hauling see if he is in the area

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
find some one who moves house trailers.you,ll need them for the future long haul.

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
List it on UShip.com

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
Having carried 6k in the back of an '01 Dodge dually (scaled 14.5k gvw), and been at 27k gcw a few times with that truck, I think I would move it with the truck. Your tire capacity is capable of the weight.

It isn't any different than the hotshot rigs running 4-5 car wedge trailers with 350/3500 series trucks.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny