cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for opinions of Play-Mor sport series

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
considering a toy hauler as my children continue to bless me with Grandchildren.
was looking at a 97 Play-Mor M33. Seems to foot the bill. Front bedroom and wall between the Garage and living area.
I would be interested in everybody's input. Not new to RV's but don't know anything about the Play-Mor brand.
thanks in advance
Mike
7 REPLIES 7

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
Took a look at the hauler this evening. Overall nice shape. I did have 2 issues with it. 3 different tire brands. 1 tire with side wall cracking. So 4 new tires. Possible deal breaker. Hole punched in front driver side from jack knifing. Also some delamination from marker light. Have not decided if that is a deal breaker. Given a significant price reduction.
I have a couple of wildwoods to look at tomorrow.

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
orion1369 wrote:
We have a 2011 33' Motorsport. I have not had a single problem that was not self inflicked. The unit is very well built and when I purchased mine John the owner worked with myself and the dealer to make the trailer the way we wanted it. I would buy another tomorrow if something happend to this one.

Thank you for your response. I love the "not self inflicted" I anticipate I will be going down that road

orion1369
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 33' Motorsport. I have not had a single problem that was not self inflicked. The unit is very well built and when I purchased mine John the owner worked with myself and the dealer to make the trailer the way we wanted it. I would buy another tomorrow if something happend to this one.

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
I think the history of RVs being waterlogged, moldy messes with 70s furniture has hurt the resale of RVs.
I was trying to sell/trade mine: book says $8000. Really, for a fully self contained fiberglass on aluminum unit, built like a tank w/ 150 gallon water capacity? I'll just keep mine, I can will it to one of the kids....
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

mike_mck
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
The good thing is that they are probably one of the oldest continues Toy Hauler RV manufacturers out there. The flip side is they are not a very popular manufacturer as far as what I've seen on this forum.

As with any RV of that era the price should be great, and you want to do a detailed PDI before you buy it - know what you're getting into. The good news is that if something was going to go wrong its had 17 years to do it.

It's surprising that asking price on many used RV's are double the Nada retail price and state no low ballers.
I just determine what I feel the item is worth and make an offer. On a unit this old the price can be attractive if it does not have too many issues.

The Play-Mor I'm considering has been used and needs a few things but appears to be sound.
I am still looking for opinions good and bad from those that have owned them.

Y-Guy
The good thing is that they are probably one of the oldest continues Toy Hauler RV manufacturers out there. The flip side is they are not a very popular manufacturer as far as what I've seen on this forum.

As with any RV of that era the price should be great, and you want to do a detailed PDI before you buy it - know what you're getting into. The good news is that if something was going to go wrong its had 17 years to do it.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't say anything bad or good about the Play Mor. When I was looking at them in 2003 I thought they were well built. I ended up buying a Campmaster (which they dont make anymore) simply because it was a lot less money. Later I went bigger with the Work and Play.

Is the one your looking at a 1997? If so I would think that is getting up their in the years for a Toy Hauler. Toy Haulers tend to get abused a little more than a typical trailer.

You should check out the Work and Play by Forest River ie 30WR or 30WRS or 27ULPS.
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.