cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking to up grade.sabre or Sierra front living

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Hi havent posted in a while but always read through the posts.i have a 08 sunnybrook Bristol bay 3420 bh and love the trailers quality never had one problem with it..but lately we are looking for more room inside. the bh takes up a lot of space that's not used that much.its a real pain on those raining night to fit the three of us on a couch.so we are looking at the sabre 36 ferb or the Sierra 377 flik both are made by forest river any input on these units ....I was in a sabre today looking at it and have to say very impressed with the quality cabinets , counter tops , and over all fit and finish of the unit .so who can jump in that might have one or know these units
Anthony, Janice, Little Anthony & Jessie the dog
14 Ford F350 Lariat Supercrew PSD
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH
9 REPLIES 9

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2013 Sabre and have been very happy with it. I agree about the frameless windows, they look sleek and cool but don't allow for alot of ventilation. If you order your new camper from the factory I would suggest you consider thermopane windows.

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Yea I like the look as well but having them only open a crack is a disadvantage at least with the dual pains the windows won't sweat
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
AJS211 wrote:
Ok how about the windows I know they offer frameless ones any thoughts I was told they don't open very far

I love the look of the frameless windows but did not get them. The ones I've looked only open at the bottom and we like to have lots of ventilation so we went with he standard windows. I will go dual pane on our retirement unit as we will travel in colder climates.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
We have an old front living unit and love it. When Patti retires the end of August their is the possibility we will get a new one. We just want to stay under a hitch weight of roughly 1950#, if possible around 1850#. The Saber and Sierra look nice. We would probably would go with a Sprinter or maybe the Cougar, both front living.
Good luck with your choice. It is not easy.
Rick and Patti ๐Ÿ™‚
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES ๐Ÿ™‚
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Ok how about the windows I know they offer frameless ones any thoughts I was told they don't open very far
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
AJS211 wrote:
I was told the seats were all lazyboy do u know if that's true?

In our 360 the recliners are Lazy Boy and I believe the theater seat that sits across from the TV on the flik is. That theater seat is very comfortable.

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
I was told the seats were all lazyboy do u know if that's true?
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH

AJS211
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick reply your rig looks like the ultimate party place with a rear deck. This flik is growing on us fast lol
08 Bristol Bay 3420BH

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 2013 FR Sandpiper 366FL, Sierra has a twin. This was there first foray into the FL models. Overall excellent quality unit and gave few problems. We traded it on a FR Sierra 360 PDEK because the living room felt tk crowded for us and prefered the open floor plan of the 360 and the rear deck.

We looked at then 377FLIk and really liked it. Much better layout than the 366FL. One big issue with FL is limited basement storage. The 366 FL did havea rear outside bay under the bed which did help some.

Good luck and have fun shopping.