cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Montana 2008 3400RL Question

elkrott
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Montana 3400RL have the following questions about it.
1. On right of the desk on the outside wall is a light switch, does anyone know what this switch goes to.
2. On the steps to the bedroom theres a switch in the front of one of the steps anyone know what this switch goes to.
Any help greatly appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

elkrott
Explorer
Explorer
For some reason he must have wanted to shut off connection to phone been easier to unplug it.

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
that does sound kind of weird. Not sure what the guy had in mind with that one.

That was the extent of what Montana put in for phone on the 3400RL. An outside jack that just went to the inside desk.
2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

elkrott
Explorer
Explorer
Wall switch over the desk is in front of the outside telephone jack and the switch is wired to the telephone jack and no wires leave it going any place its anyones guess why this was done. I always wondered why there was no inside telethone jack.

elkrott
Explorer
Explorer
looks like switch on stairs was to a blower to blow warm air into the storage compartment. other switch i will have to tear apart to see whats connected to it. thanks all

psford
Explorer
Explorer
Atom Ant wrote:
Those must have been added by the prior owner - I had a 2007 3400RL and always kept tabs on the newer ones and I don't remember those switches.

To the right of the desk there was a phone outlet and duplex. I don't remember anything on the stairs themselves. This is a 2009:

Pictures are the same as mine 2008

psford
Explorer
Explorer
elkrott wrote:
I have a 2008 Montana 3400RL have the following questions about it.
1. On right of the desk on the outside wall is a light switch, does anyone know what this switch goes to.
2. On the steps to the bedroom theres a switch in the front of one of the steps anyone know what this switch goes to.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Having a 2008 3400RL I have no idea , I have neither switch in mine. I purchased mine new, could possibly be an add on by previous owner if you didn't purchase new . I do have an electrical plug above the step area on the left side wall, but that is all there is in that area .

Atom_Ant
Explorer
Explorer
Those must have been added by the prior owner - I had a 2007 3400RL and always kept tabs on the newer ones and I don't remember those switches.

To the right of the desk there was a phone outlet and duplex. I don't remember anything on the stairs themselves. This is a 2009:

2008 Ford F350 2014 Redwood 36RL - Our Rig
Onan 5500, Splendide Ariston W/D, 8K axles, disk brakes, G614s, tri-glide pin box,
6-pt leveling, dual heat pump, dual awnings, Trav'ler SK-1000 Dish

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Go to the Montana Owners Club (MOC) forum and ask. Someone there will definitely know.

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
They could be for heated tanks.