cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Jensen Junk DVD/CD/MP3 AWM970

CarolineGates
Explorer
Explorer
I have read pages of comments about Jensen products installed in RVs/Motorhomes, etc.

My Cougar came with the Jensen DVD/CD/MP3 model AWM970 and it plays AM/FM but won't load DVD/CD's.

I am guessing there is nothing I can do about this. But, if you have any ideas, I would appreciate it! I do miss playing movies using it.

However! I had taken my Panasonic CD/Cassette/MP3 Stereo 5-drawer player and speakers to storage. I bought it new nine years ago, just set it up, it takes up no more space than the top of a file cabinet.

Now I am going back for my DVD/VHS recorder, practically new, to watch my movies and old recorded stuff.

So I am going backwards, but at least I don't have to buy another new item that will also probably break. Just don't need the fancy stuff.
9 REPLIES 9

CarolineGates
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Chris, I did open the case and look at the multitude of wires inside, then shut it all back up. I have my Panasonic stereo setup and Samsung DVD/VHS combo which is a slim model and fits nicely on a shelf. I got the stereo going yesterday and my lady neighbor will be over to install the Samsung as she is good at that stuff. I have a cheap Cougar (but I own it!) fifth wheel and don't want or need anything fancier at this time in my life. The Jensen still plays AM/FM radio. Thanks to everyone for helping me with my situation. The Jensen will stay in the wall until the next owner decides to take it out. Now, what is next "to go?" My black water tank "went" this past year, I got many great ideas from the folks on these forums. One had detailed photos and instructions. I called around looking for a person to help me with that tank as it was not usable and I had to go a month using the public restrooms here in the RV park (not so bad). So I ended up caling Rotorooter because I got wind that one of their contractors also worked on black water tanks and his helper is quite good at RV stuff. They came out and installed a new black water tank, the original had not been installed properly. They did a wonderful job and all is well. They are coming ut soon to recaulk along the roof line and put a new gasket in the air conditioner. I live on the south Oregon coast and our storms are legendary and very hard on RV's. So I am hoping our work will give me a few more years with this RV. It is my full-time home.

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Jensen audio equipment has always been the VERY low end of car audio so I would expect nothing less from RV stuff. My suggestion to you is to pull it out and toss it as far as you can and get a real car audio system that is DVD capable. Kenwood or Pioneer if in a pinch. I have done this to a few trailers and are always so much happier in the end. You may have to fill the hole and I have done it a couple different ways but it is always worth the effort

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
CarolineGates wrote:
About the shipping screw. This Jensen unit did work for a year. DVD's played, which is what I used it for. So I don't think the screw would come into play at this point. I have no clue how to get the unit out of the hole, I don't see any screws, no access to it from the sides or back.
The trim comes off the front giving access to 4 screws.

CarolineGates
Explorer
Explorer
About the shipping screw. This Jensen unit did work for a year. DVD's played, which is what I used it for. So I don't think the screw would come into play at this point. I have no clue how to get the unit out of the hole, I don't see any screws, no access to it from the sides or back.

brnzbk
Explorer
Explorer
I took delivery on my Cedar Creek 36CKTS on June 3rd, the Jensen radio combo has not worked properly from the beginning, the radio turns itself on and the TV goes off whenever it gets the urge. Mine goes in for warranty on Sept. 14th and I will update this thread when the work is completed, although I don't have very high expectations. I hope Cedar Creek follows this forum because the Jensen junk needs to go, maybe we can help future buyers.
2015 F350 CC LB Lariat 6.7L Dually
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
B&W Companion

VTLee
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the shipping screw. My dealer tried 3 units in my 2010 Cougar before one of the techs realized the screw was still in.

SkiSmuggs
Explorer
Explorer
There is a good chance that someone forgot to remove the shipping screw from the bank of the unit prior to installation. Happened to me. I pulled the unit out, removed the screw and problem fixed. It is still junk though as it was a replacement for the previous unit that started turning itself on at odd hours.
2015 F350 XLT PSD 6.7 Crew Cab, Andersen Ultimate hitch
2012 Cougar High Country 299RKS 5th wheel, Mor/Ryde pinbox, 300w of solar

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
I had Jenson a TV's in my MH. They now live in the Junk Yard. Over priced junk.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jensen must be good. Trailer Life wasted a good five pages in the last issue showing how to install them. LOL

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS