cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple questions

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at possibly a new 5er next spring, but am pondering.........
1. Dual pane windows. How much extra weight do they add?
2. Currently have a Reese 16k hitch. New 5er has gross wt of 16k. Upgrade hitch to higher capacity? Curt, B&W?
3. If wood placed under 6 point pads, what size? 2x8x"?", 2x10x"?", 2x12x"?". Pressure treated?

Well I thought I had more, probly come to me later. sorry. However, THANK YOU in advance w/ your replies.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
3 REPLIES 3

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
#3 - I also have the Lippert 6-point level system. I carry 2 sets of Lynx pads plus one other set that has a larger footprint. Plastic is lighter, stores easier (in it's zippered bag) and is easier to keep clean. Wood absorbs water - plastic does not.

I use the large footprint pads whenever I have to set up on grass/dirt to spread the weight better. You can then stack the smaller Lynx pads on top of them if needed.

RustyJC
Explorer
Explorer
#1 - I guess it depends on how many windows your new 5th wheel has. Having owned both types, I'd never be without double pane windows if you're going to be camping in colder or hotter climates. They also offer substantial sound deadening benefits.

#2 - Since you have a short bed truck, be sure you don't need a sliding hitch with the new 5th wheel before you change hitches. I use a B&W RVK3600 for my Ram that fits in the factory pucks, but with a long bed truck I don't need a slider.

#3 - I use Lynx Levelers. I carry 2 bags of them. If the site is fairly level, I'll use 2 levelers under each pad. If not, I'll move some from the high side to the low side and/or use more.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972

2016 Ram 3500 Dually Longhorn Crew Cab Long Bed, 4x4, 385/900 Cummins, Aisin AS69RC, 4.10, 39K+ GCWR, 30K+ trailer tow rating, 14K GVWR

B&W RVK3600

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
#1 I guess about twice as much as single pane! Ha ha ha