cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5th wheel no tow vehicle

stroza99
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I went seasonal this year for the 1st time in our 35'class A not realizing how much we would actually LOVE it. We are looking at trading in our class A for a 39' 5er and stay seasonal for 5 or so years, but we do not have a truck to tow it! Does anyone have a 5er and no tow vehicle?? And if so what do you do if you need to take it to a repair place or want to take it somewhere? I know there are companies that move them but would like to hear others personal experiences!! Thanks!!
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS

“Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Holy Cow!! What a ride!”
3 REPLIES 3

roamermatt
Explorer
Explorer
Search Cragislist in your area. I've noticed in my area (NorCal) quite a few folks are offering RV transport services.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are mobile RV repairmen at least for repairs that aren't major. So for minor fixes you can just call one of them. Warranty work is something else tho, I'd try to make arrangements with the dealer you buy your 5ver from, before buying. Get them to deliver it and agree to come to you for warranty repairs.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

greende
Explorer
Explorer
We did years ago ( in the 1980s). Had a friend tow it or had the dealer come pick it up for a fee.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72