cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Fifth Wheel - Coachmen Brookstone 370 RL

mykahts
Explorer
Explorer
Hello... I just purchased a new fifth wheel (Coachmen Brookstone 370 RL) from an out of state dealer. It's to be delivered sometime next week. I know I'm taking a risk of not being there for the walk through but based on what I read up on Fun Town RV and my recent experience in dealing with them via phone and email, they seem to have a firm stand on customer service.

Question 1:

I requested for them to provide me a copy of the Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist so I can also go over that same list upon delivery. Given that I have no experience in this, I may have to hire someone to go through the list with me and ensure that everything is in proper order. I live in Las Vegas. Is there anyone here who can perhaps give me recommendation on where to go to find someone knowledgable enough to go through the list with me? Also, what would be a reasonable fee for something like this?

Question 2:

Since I don't own a truck yet and it could take me months before I get to take my 5er anywhere, what is the recommendation as far as protecting the wheels if the unit is parked for an extended period?

Question 3:

I was told that my unit doesn't come with generator. Any recommendation on what worked for you as far as generator?

Thanks all in advance for your help.
5 REPLIES 5

mykahts
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Jim. I did alot of reading to educate myself some on this. One thing I've noticed, there hasn't been an RVer that I talked to or even met in person who isn't helpful, friendly, and simply good people. They love the non-traditional lifestyle and I look forward to it, myself. I will check on RV repair centers here in Vegas and get some assistance there as well. Thanks!

Jim-Linda
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couple of statements, sounds like you know Jack about RV's. All RV's have a 12vdc system (batteries, charger/converter). If you have this unit in an RV park, you don't need a generator, it at home, you still don't need one. If you are not going to live in it, connect to a 20amp circuit from your house, Now, if you still want to do the gennie bit, a "normal" electrician might not be the way to go, check a mobile RV repair service.

Jim

mykahts
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. I have extended warranty and also insurance should something were to happen pre-delivery.

I'll look into the tire covers. Mine doesn't come with generator and it's not even pre - wired for it but it has a 12 volt system. I plan on consulting with an electrician for possible options on generators.

mrkoje
Explorer
Explorer
mykahts wrote:
Hello... I just purchased a new fifth wheel (Coachmen Brookstone 370 RL) from an out of state dealer. It's to be delivered sometime next week. I know I'm taking a risk of not being there for the walk through but based on what I read up on Fun Town RV and my recent experience in dealing with them via phone and email, they seem to have a firm stand on customer service.

Question 1:

I requested for them to provide me a copy of the Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist so I can also go over that same list upon delivery. Given that I have no experience in this, I may have to hire someone to go through the list with me and ensure that everything is in proper order. I live in Las Vegas. Is there anyone here who can perhaps give me recommendation on where to go to find someone knowledgable enough to go through the list with me? Also, what would be a reasonable fee for something like this?

Question 2:

Since I don't own a truck yet and it could take me months before I get to take my 5er anywhere, what is the recommendation as far as protecting the wheels if the unit is parked for an extended period?

Question 3:

I was told that my unit doesn't come with generator. Any recommendation on what worked for you as far as generator?

Thanks all in advance for your help.

1. I have no idea but what comes to mind is some type of mobile RV repair service. I'm sure they might have someone that is knowledgeable that can do an inspection with you. You might ask yourself though what you are going to do if you find something unsatisfactory and it's already in your driveway. Believe me - quality control is no where near the auto industry. I'm sure there will be something wrong or unsat in the RV.

2. Protecting the wheels? The only think you can do is get some tire covers. They are cheap and even sold at Walmart. I think I paid around 10 or dollars each. Make sure you get the right size!

3. Most TT and FW don't come with a generator. They are usually only found on toyhaulers and Motorhomes for some reason. They can be quite spend as well $2-5k. Most people that decide they want a generator will then get 1 or 2 inverter generators the most popular being Honda or Yamaha. If your FW has a pre-wired gen ready compartment then you might be able to get a Cummins Onan genet and have a remote switch installed by your command center.

Best of luck to you.
RAPTOR 300MP
RAM 3500 MEGA CTD 4X4

Moved from Forum Technical Support