cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Fuzion touch screen?

schwipps324
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a new Fuzion 424. Really turned off by the new touch screen controls. Anybody had any experience with the touch screen? And thoughts comments and concerns?
20 REPLIES 20

cfdwheeler
Explorer
Explorer
The Grand Design Momentums are still using the OneControl touch screens. I cannot speak for their Solitude line.
2018 GMC Denali Dually w/ tow package
B&W 25k Companion Puck
2019 GD Momentum 381M

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Grand Design has pulled these out of there units due to issues. We looked at a Solitude that had it and the dealer said they were having issues with the systems. Vanleigh has been using them for years with good success. I do like the idea just hope any issues are worked out before we buy a new FW.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

schwipps324
Explorer
Explorer
JAC1982 wrote:
We don't have the touch screen in our Impact, but our neighbor does in his Fuzion. Seems pretty cool so far. I think the best part about it is you can access it all from your mobile device. So, we were camping with them last weekend, and he wanted to turn on a light inside for his dog, so he just did it from his phone versus having to get up and do it. Same w/ controlling the sound system. Now, some may call it lazy, but I thought it was neat. ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm glad they are liking it. How long have they had it? I'm looking to see if this is a durable system or not. I think its a cool concept but what happens when that touch screen goes out? Can i even turn a light on at that point

schwipps324
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Considering how often things go wrong with these things, extra complexity is not usually a good and desirable thing.

This is what I'm thinking but hoping to find some positive experiences

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Considering how often things go wrong with these things, extra complexity is not usually a good and desirable thing.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
We don't have the touch screen in our Impact, but our neighbor does in his Fuzion. Seems pretty cool so far. I think the best part about it is you can access it all from your mobile device. So, we were camping with them last weekend, and he wanted to turn on a light inside for his dog, so he just did it from his phone versus having to get up and do it. Same w/ controlling the sound system. Now, some may call it lazy, but I thought it was neat. ๐Ÿ™‚
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor