cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New pin box to replace demco glide ride

Hogan
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 HHII 32.5uktg fifth wheel with a extended Demco glide ride pin box and a short bed 2013 f250 with a Pull Rite hitch mounted on standard bed rails.
The problem is all the banging that goes on when I accelerate or brake. The pin box has been fitted with the rubber bumpers to keep it from hitting the pinbox frame when it hits its limits either forward or backwards. I have also replaced the links and bushings in the pinbox. It still hammers when I accelerate or brake. The pin hits the limits with even gentle acceleration and braking.
I am looking at buying a Reese airborne sidewinder to use with my old Curt hitch and selling the pull=rite and glide ride.
Two questions
1 Is there anyway to fix the forward and backward banging of the glide ride?
2 What is the experience with the airborne sidewinder? does it work well?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Love the truck- love the trailer-hate all the banging when I am towing....
"our time is short and the future terrifyingly long" Ansel Adams
5 REPLIES 5

Hogan
Explorer
Explorer
I'll give adjusting the "threaded stop assembly" a try. I had adjusted it once quite a while ago but pretty much forgot about it. I got the manual out and read it for the first time since I put the hitch in. Funny how your memory gets shorter and shorter as I get older and older. Must be running out of places to put all that stuff in there.
I put a lot of miles on my trailer (at least 10K a year) and do have some slack. Thanks for the reminders.
Still does anyone have any experience with the sidewinder?. It sounds pretty neat and would let me go back to my Curt hitch. The pull rite super glide is so blessed heavy I hurt my back every time I take it out and put it back.

Thanks for all the input!
"our time is short and the future terrifyingly long" Ansel Adams

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
I guessing the above reply's will cure your problem. I've had the 16K Super Glide / Demco Glideride combo for 11 years on two different 5er's. 35'Cardinal and 39'Cedar Creek. I can intentionally make the Glideride bang by hard accelerating or braking. Normal will not cause a bang.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Glide Ride smooths out the chucking but the king pin needs to be held tight by the hitch jaw.
Adjust the tension bolt on that PullRite
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I agree if the tension bolt on the Pullright is out of adjustment you will get banging. Adjust and it should work fine.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Have you adjusted the tensioning bolt on the Pullrite hitch?
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK