cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rapter 428SP

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the trigger on a new 2018 Rapter 428...looks like we close on the 2nd of next month. Looked a long time, reading about all the different models and looked at way to many floorplans and toured several factories, this ones not the perfect layout but we thing with some personal touches here and there we can make it work. At least for 5yrs then maybe a DRV LX455 if we like the full time RV life.
Oh yeah and the good part is it already has Sailun tires on it so that's one less worry.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP
9 REPLIES 9

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Yup we have a King in our Impact and it's not quite a real King. We ordered a King foam mattress topper for it and it's about 3" too wide. King sheets fit OK but it is a bit awkward. I'll probably end up cutting the topper to fit exactly.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
cwill925 wrote:
Our 412TS has/had the King Suite. We quickly found that the mattress is not a real king. Residential king nor queen sheets fit it. I took the Keystone King mattress out and put in a residential queen. Much more comfortable and the sheets fit.

We will be checking that out also!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
2018 Raptor 428SP

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
For us, the side patio of our camper is our favorite feature. No matter how tight the campground is, we always have room for at least one patio. We spend a LOT of time on it.

Congrats.

Thanks, I didn't think I would be a fan of the side patio but I noticed when we were checking it out that it doesn't stick out any further than the awning so ours will probably get used also.
2018 Raptor 428SP

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
For us, the side patio of our camper is our favorite feature. No matter how tight the campground is, we always have room for at least one patio. We spend a LOT of time on it.

Congrats.

cwill925
Explorer
Explorer
Our 412TS has/had the King Suite. We quickly found that the mattress is not a real king. Residential king nor queen sheets fit it. I took the Keystone King mattress out and put in a residential queen. Much more comfortable and the sheets fit.
Chuck Williams
2015 Raptor 412-TS
2006 Freightliner M2-112 Sportchassis
BMW K1600 GTL, Honda Rebel or a Smart Car in the Toyhauler.

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
I just looked at the webpage..... MSRP of over $100k!!!!!!!!! Wow. Just Wow.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! That's a nice looking floor plan, I love the bedroom layout, side patio, and dual fuel tanks (those will be awesome if you boondock in hot weather and need to run your AC/generator a lot). We're on our 2nd Keystone product and have been happy overall with them.
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
mattmountz94 wrote:
Congrats! I also just went and looked at one. My favorite floor plan as well. I just don't think I will get the wife to approve. Did you go with full sofa or dinette

Thanks! It has the full sofa, and also what they call full body paint in the blue and silver. I think we might have preferred the dinette but its what they had and sofa is pretty comfy! It has rear camera also...nearly everything that come on them.
2018 Raptor 428SP

mattmountz94
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! I also just went and looked at one. My favorite floor plan as well. I just don't think I will get the wife to approve. Did you go with full sofa or dinette