cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tires!!

hyattjlbb
Explorer
Explorer
After the bad experiences with a certain brand of tire, super pumped with her new shoes! After reading here and other reviews went with the Sailun S637. For the first time, the 5vr looks like it actually has tires on it that were meant for a trailer this big! No more white knuckles on those cross-country trips! Thanks for all of the feedback and posts!

Jamie - KE0NSE
2011 Jayco Eagle 365BHS
2019 Chevy Silverado CC SRW 3500HD, Max & Alli
Beautiful Wife of only 24 Years:B
Boy at College - 21yrs,:C
Boy - 15yrs:p
20 REPLIES 20

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
cummins2014 wrote:
alexleblanc wrote:
welcome to the LT club, I know the feeling - best move I ever did on mine.

Not an LT tire anymore they are ST, but still a great choice in trailer tires

From what I've read, Sailun relabled the tires as "ST" vs "LT" to get around import taxes/tariffs. Same exact tire...

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

hyattjlbb
Explorer
Explorer
bad99ram wrote:
Mine are being delivered Saturday. After 1 blowout and one tire with bulge in side, just trying to make it home only 160 miles to go.

I had the same issue, 1800 mile trip and I replaced a tire a day two years ago. Unfortunately, at that time I had not heard of Sailun and replaced with a new GY Marathon each time. Had a blowout last year that did about $800 in damage to the 5vr. I had carried two spares last year mounted and ready to go. Got home from Minnesota last fall on two originals and the two spares. Tire shop pulled the last two off and they had broken belts/bands and didn't even roll into the shop straight to demount.
Jamie - KE0NSE
2011 Jayco Eagle 365BHS

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
buc1980 wrote:
I start use sailun 4 years ago and I am very pleased with them.To bad that I got to replace them because the spring broke and cause to rub together destroy them .

However, you were coming up on the 5-7 year age of the tires based on what many have said about replacement of tires at that mark. So as long as you still have same coach, your good to go another 5 years trouble free.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
alexleblanc wrote:

Not an LT tire anymore they are ST, but still a great choice in trailer tires

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I start use sailun 4 years ago and I am very pleased with them.To bad that I got to replace them because the spring broke and cause to rub together destroy them .
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
You made a great choice. I have NO experience with Sailuns but have only heard GOOD things about them!

It's hard to put a price on peace of mind, your travels will be much better going forward! :W

Dan

bad99ram
Explorer
Explorer
Mine are being delivered Saturday. After 1 blowout and one tire with bulge in side, just trying to make it home only 160 miles to go.

hyattjlbb
Explorer
Explorer
amxpress wrote:
Did you have them balanced?

Yep, did have them balanced.
Jamie - KE0NSE
2011 Jayco Eagle 365BHS

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Great choice. 65 pound weight for each tire!!! Strong. Put them on my voltage toyhauler and mine is a tandem axle not a triple so I wanted highest weight rating I could find.
12 000 kilometers and look new. I run at 105 psi.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
oldbird1965 wrote:
Probably just my imagination but in my first 1,500 miles it seemed to tow better with this brand of tire!

I steel carcass tire has a lower rolling resistance than a poly carcass tire. A steel carcass tire will create a more stable towing experience. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

oldbird1965
Explorer
Explorer
Probably just my imagination but in my first 1,500 miles it seemed to tow better with this brand of tire!
2008 Mobil Suites 36TK3, powerstroke one ton dually.

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
great tire have them on mine for the last 5000 miles still look new

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Did you have them balanced?
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo