cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Years Weekend

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Where's everyone spending the New Years weekend?

Dedmiston, you going to Stevens Mine Rd?

We'll be on Pipeline north of Teague Wash. My son Kyle got there Monday night about 6:00 and there were already 5 groups set up, one in the spot we were going to go to.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX
57 REPLIES 57

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:
mrw8i wrote:
coolbreeze01 wrote:
We always called them Joshua Trees :C

And you are correct, I really screwed that one up.

Thats ok people in the know, know that's Rat Tree

Party Tree, hey look. That picture is the before the rzr was covered in mud picture. ๐Ÿ˜‰
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
coolbreeze01 wrote:

Thats ok people in the know, know that's Rat Tree

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
coolbreeze01 wrote:

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Camp
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
Secret tree in the dez

blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
jackxclan wrote:
mrw8i wrote:
New Years is a real **** shoot for weather in the desert. Monday 12/26 when we got there was clear and cold, started a fire at 2PM. Tues/Wed/Thurs got warmer each day and night. Friday cold/raining and overcast all day. Saturday woke up to very nice weather, was able to dry out everything, pack up and leave before the clouds/wind/rain came in around 12 noon.

Best part about the week with all the riding we did, no dust. Bad part, had to wash all the mud off the RZR when we got home. I don't wash it more than 1x per year.

Time for a new primary clutch in the RZR. Lots of rattling at idle, began to hear that on our last trip. Opened the clutch cover and it was really loud. Lots of clearance between the spider and button (about 1/16"). A fairly deep groove worn on the clutch body where button on the spider rubs against. 5800 miles of turbo charged miles, it's time. Hopefully new clutch won't take a lot of adjusting, took about 500 miles to get it right the first time. Will also replace the primary spring, as this one has to be weak now.

My picture kinna looks like yours

A little, but you were a little smarter; you had your awning out and chairs under it during the inclement weather. Nice, not a Yucca Tree.

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
New Years is a real **** shoot for weather in the desert. Monday 12/26 when we got there was clear and cold, started a fire at 2PM. Tues/Wed/Thurs got warmer each day and night. Friday cold/raining and overcast all day. Saturday woke up to very nice weather, was able to dry out everything, pack up and leave before the clouds/wind/rain came in around 12 noon.

Best part about the week with all the riding we did, no dust. Bad part, had to wash all the mud off the RZR when we got home. I don't wash it more than 1x per year.

Time for a new primary clutch in the RZR. Lots of rattling at idle, began to hear that on our last trip. Opened the clutch cover and it was really loud. Lots of clearance between the spider and button (about 1/16"). A fairly deep groove worn on the clutch body where button on the spider rubs against. 5800 miles of turbo charged miles, it's time. Hopefully new clutch won't take a lot of adjusting, took about 500 miles to get it right the first time. Will also replace the primary spring, as this one has to be weak now.

My picture kinna looks like yours

red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed the rains - rode out to the pinnacles when it stated to rain on Saturday. Once we got to the pinnacles its was nice out no rain lil bit of sunshine poking through the clouds but for the most part no wind no rain. We left the pinnacles at around 4-4:30 was raining a bit but we enjoyed the rain and mud.

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
mrw8i wrote:
Met the author of this website at Inscription Cyn today. We were not able to talk to him more about what he knows as he was guiding a tour for other people around the mountain.

Sam Hunter of Black Mountain Research

Did a lot more reading about the migration of humans into the Americas, and what this guys theories on same migration and what he thinks the petroglyphs depict in the Black Mountain area - as well as reading a lot of his web site. My opinion - I think this guy is really reaching with his theories and he has a huge ego - the web site seems to be more about him than the petroglyphs.

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry we missed you. Friday turned out really cold and rained from 8:30AM until 12 noon. Was making plans all week, filled up tank and extra fuel Friday morning. Was working out my plan to stop at Johannesburg to top off fuel tank before meeting you, but the cold and rain put a damper on that day. Finally got in a short ride between 1PM and 3PM on Friday. Day before was beautiful/dry/warm. We bailed on Saturday before the rain started.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Weird weekend for my group, didn't ride at all, hung out with the grandkids. Saturday was nice until the rain started in the evening, put a damper on the New Years festivities.

Sorry I missed you (AGAIN!) Dave, was napping with my granddaughter.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Just got home. Was going to stay until tomorrow but decided to pack up after dinner to beat the winds. Drive safe everyone - Happy new year.