Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onan overhaul

mudrat025
Explorer
Explorer
hello,
i have a 2004 Blaze'n toy hauler.it has a 4000watt whisper(yeah right,thing sounds like a jet plane)quiet on board generator. my question is how do you get this thing out to service it?i mean everything is buried to where you can not gt to it.....carb,fuel filter.i want to rebuild the carb and delete the origianl filter so i can put an inline in for easier install.anyone pulled one out before?

Mod Edit: Adjusted photo width to conform with forum guidelines. Please set photo width to a maximum of 800 pixels wide, 640 is ideal. Anything wider skews the forum making it hard to read on some smaller screens.
4 REPLIES 4

Y-Guy
You might hit up Google and plug in Onan Microquiet 4000 in the video section. There are some good videos that might help you out. I found one that might help, click here

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

mudrat025
Explorer
Explorer
this should be fun.

Bedlam
Some of the generators go out through the door, but others drop down through the floor. As posted, you will need to disconnect the following prior to removal:

1. Heavier battery start DC cables
2. Lighter status and remote start cables
3. Heavier AC output cables
4. Fuel line from tank or fuel pump
5. Exhaust header and muffler

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Brute strength and patience. I had a similar set up in my fist TH. Pulled it out twice. You should be able to pull the carb without removing the unit.
Four bolts held it to the trailer frame. You will need to remove the 12v battery cables up front. Depending on the builder you either have a RV 30 amp plug, hardwire to a junction box on the frame or unit for the 120v side.
I used a HD shop cart/warehouse cart to move mine around. A strong friend and a hand truck will work.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS