cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Open Range vs Jayco Eagle

jamieline
Explorer
Explorer
With out bashing thoughts between the Open Range Roamer and the Jayco Eagle.

Thanks
24 REPLIES 24

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
rattleNsmoke wrote:
From what I understand, Jayco used to manufacture their own frames and now they purchase(like most others) from LCI (which have been problem prone, aka crappy build quality and skimpy weld points).

If Jayco is using LCI frames it would be a moot point.

To my knowledge the frame problem has been rectified in other brands and Jayco is requiring a higher spec frame from LCI than others.

As Jayco now owns Open Range, It is my guess they will soon be using the same frames, if they are not doing so by now.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

rattleNsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
We owned a 1999 Jayco TT non-slideout. It was virtually trouble free. It was stick\aluminum skin construction and our family put MANY miles on it. I know the new ones are all changed and that may or not be for the better of the company. From what I understand, Jayco used to manufacture their own frames and now they purchase(like most others) from LCI (which have been problem prone, aka crappy build quality and skimpy weld points).
2010 Cedar Creek 34SATS (The Beast) & 20k Curt Q20 roller slider hitch
2006 Ford F350 SRW,SC Powerstroke diesel Lariat

2003 Harley Heritage Softail (Hogzilla)
and a wifey with tons of patience....

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Roamer 337RLS and really like the floor plan. It suits our needs just fine.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
We are contemplating the very same issue. The wife likes the Roamer, and it's interior. I like the Eagle and available running gear options. Personally, I would be happy with either.

They are very much alike, so the purchase decision will come down to details for you. What you like the best.

Jayco purchased Open Range last summer, for what it is worth,
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

4huskers
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at Jaycos before we decided on our Open Range 337RLS. Our Roamer had all the features, size, and weight we wanted. We also thought OP was the most quality for the price.

jamieline
Explorer
Explorer
With what I see and told is the 321RSTS is a new floor plan for the eagle line not the premier.
I will have to ask but I was looking at the eagles. I did not go into the premiers.

Thanks for the heads up.

klassic
Explorer
Explorer
In case you didn't know the Eagle Premier line has been changed to the North Point for 2016, and they deleted the 321RSTS from the line up.

There are a lot of enhancements for 2016, and a lot of 2015 "options" are now standard.

I just finalized my order for a North Point 341RLTS today.
klassic
2016 Jayco North Point 341RLTS
2017 F350 Platinum
Reese Signature Series 18K slider
520watts solar

jamieline
Explorer
Explorer
Yes they have similar floor plans.
337RLS for the Roamer and 321RSTS for the jayco.

Each has their own uniqueness.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
jamieline wrote:
With out bashing thoughts between the Open Range Roamer and the Jayco Eagle.

Thanks

Do both have the identical floor plan you want?
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Snowbird67
Explorer
Explorer
We own a jayco eagle.. they are about I would say the same quality.. Jayco is great to deal with, but without the bashing, they had to be for us..one issue after another, but that could have been just this one we have.