cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Other models with similar floorplan?

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all, We really like this floorplan, but cannot find anything used. Could you all help with some other lightweight makes and models with a similar floorplan? We really like the island option!

floorplan

Of course, a bedroom door that closes it off to the living room would be even better!

Thanks in advance for your help!! 🙂

I am adding that it be 33' max length and under 9,000 lbs.
17 REPLIES 17

Dave_and_Sue
Explorer
Explorer
Try the Chaparral 29 MKS.We have the 29 RKS and like it a lot.

http://www.coachmenrv.com/products/chaparrallite.aspx?page=floorplandetails&floorplanid=5483
2011 Ram 3500 Dually Mega Cab
2016 Chaparral 370FL

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
shadows4 wrote:
You might check out Coachmen. I know they have that exact floor plan. In fact I think all of the Forest River brands have that floorplan. They all seem to share the same floorplans. Good luck, John

Did not see any in coachmen.

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
ddschuman wrote:
Jayco Eagle 27.5RLTS (sorry, I don't know how to do a clicky) looks like it has an extension to the counter instead of an island but is very similar floor plan otherwise. Still above GVWR but closer than some I have seen with the floor plan. My sister has a Jayco & loves it. She tows with 1/2 ton with no trouble.

Thanks! Yes...very similar!

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
drfife wrote:
janegowest wrote:
Yes, that is very close! But as you, said heavier than we would like.

What is your tow vehicle?

Do you plan to live in the 5th wheel fulltime? If so, you'll need a unit designed for full time. That usually means higher weights.

The lightweight units are designed for part time and weekend use. They won't hold up to full time living.

Nope, no full-timing. This is our first rig, so we will see how we like it. If we do, then we may upgrade. This is why we want used and light. We just want to be able to zip around easily in a smaller unit, as we will be moving around constantly.

We plan to buy an F-250 or equivalent.

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco Eagle 27.5RLTS (sorry, I don't know how to do a clicky) looks like it has an extension to the counter instead of an island but is very similar floor plan otherwise. Still above GVWR but closer than some I have seen with the floor plan. My sister has a Jayco & loves it. She tows with 1/2 ton with no trouble.
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

drfife
Explorer
Explorer
janegowest wrote:

What is your tow vehicle?

Do you plan to live in the 5th wheel fulltime? If so, you'll need a unit designed for full time. That usually means higher weights.

The lightweight units are designed for part time and weekend use. They won't hold up to full time living.
Russell
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
You might check out Coachmen. I know they have that exact floor plan. In fact I think all of the Forest River brands have that floorplan. They all seem to share the same floorplans. Good luck, John
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
ddschuman wrote:
We have a moveable island in ours with a similar floor plan but we are over your weight requirements. One thing about the moveable island...I like it because you can access the fridge with slides in but ours is kind of a pain to secure for travel. It fits between the 2 slides in the rear (doesn't strap to anything). We have to get it in place, close the slides and then attempt to lock all 4 wheels which isn't easy with slides closed. If you lock the wheels first, the wheels tend to flip the carpet up when the slides come in and that thing is not the easiest to maneuver if wheels are locked. Also, we now pack pillows around ours to keep it from doing damage if it gets jousted around a bit during travel. I have never noted any significant movement of the island but I started doing this after arriving a campsite a few weeks ago & finding a small gouge in the lower section of the slide trim where the bottom of the island evidently bounced up and hit the trim. We had traveled some really rough road that trip which was not normal. It wasn't real bad but was noticeable. I colored it in with a brown marker...good as new...lol, it is near the floor so no one knows but me :). Anyway, I wish you lots of luck and hope you find what you are looking for. Just thought I would give you "food for thought" on the moveable island. It really is nice but I would definitely make sure the one you get can be secured better than ours. I am currently looking for a way to add hooks and straps to mine to keep all wheels on the ground during travel so no more damage is done.

Thanks for the tip!!

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
drfife wrote:
The Excel Winslow 31RSE is nearly the identical floorplan. They can make you an island if you wish.

http://www.excelrvs.com/5th-wheels/excel-winslow//unit?m=31RSE

It is heavier than 9K lbs, but it is designed for full time use.

ddschuman
Explorer
Explorer
We have a moveable island in ours with a similar floor plan but we are over your weight requirements. One thing about the moveable island...I like it because you can access the fridge with slides in but ours is kind of a pain to secure for travel. It fits between the 2 slides in the rear (doesn't strap to anything). We have to get it in place, close the slides and then attempt to lock all 4 wheels which isn't easy with slides closed. If you lock the wheels first, the wheels tend to flip the carpet up when the slides come in and that thing is not the easiest to maneuver if wheels are locked. Also, we now pack pillows around ours to keep it from doing damage if it gets jousted around a bit during travel. I have never noted any significant movement of the island but I started doing this after arriving a campsite a few weeks ago & finding a small gouge in the lower section of the slide trim where the bottom of the island evidently bounced up and hit the trim. We had traveled some really rough road that trip which was not normal. It wasn't real bad but was noticeable. I colored it in with a brown marker...good as new...lol, it is near the floor so no one knows but me :). Anyway, I wish you lots of luck and hope you find what you are looking for. Just thought I would give you "food for thought" on the moveable island. It really is nice but I would definitely make sure the one you get can be secured better than ours. I am currently looking for a way to add hooks and straps to mine to keep all wheels on the ground during travel so no more damage is done.
Escaping the real world in our "home away from home"
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2016 Chevrolet 3500 High Country Duramax Dually

drfife
Explorer
Explorer
The Excel Winslow 31RSE is nearly the identical floorplan. They can make you an island if you wish.

http://www.excelrvs.com/5th-wheels/excel-winslow//unit?m=31RSE

It is heavier than 9K lbs, but it is designed for full time use.
Russell
'12 GMC Sierra 3500HD SRW
'13 Excel Winslow 34IKE

janegowest
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. Those are all very nice! But, I guess I should have said, "nearly identical floorplan" instead of "similar."

The things that I really like about the K-Z is that the island is movable. I prefer not to have the sink in the island.

bogart661
Explorer
Explorer
Here are 2 floor plans that have everything except the island

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/cruiser/cruiser-aire/floorplans/item/2014-caf28se?category_id=89

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=midprofile&sc=SDXLT&i=SD+XLT+285TS&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan
Vinnie and Chris
2013 2WD Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD Crew Cab Short Bed Duramax/Allison Reese R16 Slider
2014 Crossroads Cruiser Patriot CF305SK

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
All of these top out at less than 10k GVWR with similar floorplans

http://www.forestriverinc.com/FifthWheels/ClassicSuperLite/Default.aspx?page=floorplans
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)