cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paint job

Shaft0201
Explorer
Explorer
So I was hoping a couple people here have painted the RV or know of someone who has. My toy hauler is a 2008 mega-lite by extreme,26’ and is aluminum. I’m wanting to paint the whole trailer. I have painted a couple old trucks in the past and they turned out pretty good.

The current paint is not rusting or flaking. Not looking for a million dollar paint job, just want to tackle a project and make it how I want since I plan to keep it for some time. at the same time I plan on pulling all the windows, doors and hatches and re-sealing them. I have a large paint booth to use and will be using a gravity feed paint gun. Any tips as far as prep work or anything important? I’m just painting it white with a red stripe. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
All the work is in the prep. Take your time and do it right. A schitty paint job will look worse than an old faded one. Use quality material since you are doing it your self. I like to use Valspar, House of Kolor, PPG, Axalta. Read the tech sheet for the paint and clear coat it will tell you everything you need to know. Shooting it in a booth with the proper air setup your already off to a great start.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

drmopar
Explorer
Explorer
Get some scrap aluminum and practice before you paint your rig. Practice surface prep as well, I paint my own stuff. good luck