cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pilot/flying J/loves etc...what lanes do you use?

jsrore
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

getting ready to go on our first major 2 week vacation to Moab and Zion with the Ram 3500 and 40' Montana.
we have done over half dozen trips in Oregon.
still new to the 5th wheel/diesel truck part, not new to RV had a 35' class A and toad.

my question is what lanes do you use at the truck stops?
the normal lanes or the trucker lanes and how do the truck lanes work?
i plan out my gas stops ahead of time with several apps i find google maps to be helpful to get a quick look.

thanks

Jeff
2016 Montana 3790RD
2015 Ram 3500 Larmie
1998 BlueWater 18',fish/ski Boat
1 DW, 3 Dogs,
United States Navy 10yrs
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of ALL who Threaten It!
Nothing but the good life,cool breeze plenty of Beer!
33 REPLIES 33

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We also use the RV Plus Card for Pilot Flying J. We prefer Flying J and use the RV lanes there. With either the Flying J card or RV Plus Charge Card you don't have to go in. We get 7 cents off cash price per gallon using the card. They deduct the entire amount each month (no interest). You do not have an option to pay a portion as it's a charge card not a credit card. If we use Pilot or Loves we use the truck lanes. We do go prepay inside (overestimate the cost they will only bill the amount you pump). We don't need a receipt so I go back to the RV. They start the pump, we pump and pull out. When done pumping pull forward immediately so the truckers and get in.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about Loves, but Flying J /Pilot has its own credit card now. We us regular gas, so the only issue we have is ease of exit when choosing a lane! The Flying J/Pilot credit card works like every other one does.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pull up have your wife go inside tell $ amount you won't exceed, diesel only or DEF also and pump number. Have her use the restroom, she get's two rings from you indicating you are finished, you pull ahead and she comes out after paying and drive off into the sunset!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I always use the truck lanes. I have a Flying J card so I don't have to go inside to pay. I have a $2000 monthly limit tied into my bank checking account. They automatically take the charges out the following month on the 23rd. It works great for me and have had no issues for three years doing it this way.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992