cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Presidents' Day weekend

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Just booked three nights camp 016 at Calico Ghost town. We really enjoyed the civil war reenactment last year plus we didn't have the RZR so it should be a bit more fun this time. Anyone else going out there? Any spots to check out in the area on the RZR ?
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker
57 REPLIES 57

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Strabo wrote:
nayther wrote:
WOW! What a weekend in the high desert. Rained like a mofo Friday afternoon, night. But Saturday morning blue skies random clouds. Riding was OFF THE HOOK! Water everywhere, had a blast on a short technical ride with a few buddies. then fun and games with the club. Great weekend afterall.

High Desert Adventure!!.... We rode out Lucifer the Storm, our group had 16 rigs in 2 circles next to each other. No fire pit, soaking wet all night long, glad we decided to go and deal with it. Fun stuff and we are all safe.

We were in Cal City also, on high ground so run off wasn't a problem. The desert is now alive in green. I miss going already.

Next month we have an event planned to set two memorials at The Husky the day before a race at Digger camp. The grass and flowers should be amazing that weekend and all spring. I can't imagine what the Poppy Preserve will look like.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
nayther wrote:
WOW! What a weekend in the high desert. Rained like a mofo Friday afternoon, night. But Saturday morning blue skies random clouds. Riding was OFF THE HOOK! Water everywhere, had a blast on a short technical ride with a few buddies. then fun and games with the club. Great weekend afterall.

High Desert Adventure!!.... We rode out Lucifer the Storm, our group had 16 rigs in 2 circles next to each other. No fire pit, soaking wet all night long, glad we decided to go and deal with it. Fun stuff and we are all safe.

We were in Cal City also, on high ground so run off wasn't a problem. The desert is now alive in green. I miss going already.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

dedmiston
nayther wrote:

I've never said a cross word to you, Donn. You're pushing it though.

Glad you had a great weekend. Truly. But grrrrr. :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
Freaking grumble. Went to the RV lot Saturday morning. Hooked up the TH and as I was pulling out, noticed check engine light was on, on my tow vehicle. WTF!! Drove home, seemed like turbo charger was not kicking in when it should. Don't have a code reader, so don't know what it is. Went back to the RV lot and parked the TH, dropped the truck off at the dealer.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
We left Oxnard at noon today just a lil bit of scatter rain on the way up - 126/5/14/138/15 /all clear and open - Calico is perfect weather, They saw lil to no rain.

dedmiston
nayther wrote:
mpoulsen wrote:
So we are leaving from Fresno Thursday night, going to Charlie's place/Wagon Wheel. My question is I am thinking about taking 14 to Redrock/Randburg rd then to Garlock rd to 395 to Serles Station to Trona to Charlie's place;Is this a good route with 40 Toy Hauler at night or should I just all the way up 14 to Ridgecrest and 178 to Randsburg wash to Trona road??? Thanks

that's the way to go, unless it's raining hard, they'll close Randsburg road just east of 14 due to water running over the road. If you do go that way and it's closed proceed north to Inyokern and cut across through Ridgecrest to Richmond, take that toward Trona and south on Trona road, all good solid roads.

I don't know what the weather has been like up there today, but it's been insane down here in Santa Clarita. I would expect Randsburg Wash Rd to be closed between the 14 and Garlock.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
loaded up and ready - Michael I hope you made it safe to Charlie's place. Everyone have a safe trip and a great rainy weekend. Barstow weather shows rain all day tomorrow and scattered rain until noonish on Saturday - Clearing up Sunday and Monday.

mrw8i
Explorer
Explorer
gtnsmlr wrote:
Weather forecast for Cal City is perfection...

We were going to leave tomorrow, but decided to wait a day. Will be coming up there late afternoon Saturday.

gtnsmlr
Explorer
Explorer
Weather forecast for Cal City is perfection...
The older we get, the faster we go

Blackdiamond
Explorer
Explorer
Going to OW also...I hope the wind is not too bad.
03' Fleetwood Southwind 32VS
Enclosed Trailer hauling the toys
05 525 EXC KTM
15' FE350s Husqvarna/KTM
07 Rhino, long travel, 4 seater

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
BigDogF250 wrote:
lincster wrote:
Weather is going to be horrible for the entire SW region.... Ugh. Another weekend of rain and wind......
All us 2 wheel guys love this weather (we will be in Ocotillo Wells) but I have ridden quads/buggies in Glamis/Gordon's Well after rain, it sucks. Hoping the wind isn't crazy as the storm leaves, forecast says 10-15 which would be nice. I don't like the 25+ with gusts to 50+ where you start planning how to get out of the trailer after it blows over.:E Have fun everyone!

LOL. Yeah I know you 2 wheel guys love it.....

Wind is supposed to be crazy Friday night and Saturday. Gusts up to 40mph it is calling for. Sustained of 23mph.
That is "don't leave the trailer" wind right there.

I have sat in it. LOL
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
lincster wrote:
Weather is going to be horrible for the entire SW region.... Ugh. Another weekend of rain and wind......
All us 2 wheel guys love this weather (we will be in Ocotillo Wells) but I have ridden quads/buggies in Glamis/Gordon's Well after rain, it sucks. Hoping the wind isn't crazy as the storm leaves, forecast says 10-15 which would be nice. I don't like the 25+ with gusts to 50+ where you start planning how to get out of the trailer after it blows over.:E Have fun everyone!
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
mpoulsen wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on the roads if it rains. We normally get water at Sierra trailer park off 14 when going to Jaw Bone is there somewhere else to get water on that route or should I just water at the Trailer park? Thanks again

You can get water and dump at the Desert Empire Fairgrounds in Ridgecrest, it's just north of Richmond on Bowman, there are signs.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX