cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pulled the trigger - new truck

ChuckandSue
Explorer
Explorer
Again thank you all for the wealth of knowledge provided in this forum. I placed an order for a Ford F450 diesel dually last night. I haven't ordered a new vehicle in 20 years and felt like a kid in a candy store. I will post pics when it is delivered. In this case I definitely bought my last truck first as so many advise doing with trailer purchases. Safe travels everyone.
Chuck and Sue, living the full-timing dream, but in an interim travel trailer, 2013 Starcraft AR-ONE 21WB
Tow vehicle - 2015 Ford F450
Full-timer 5th wheel - to be ordered in 2015 or 2016
Fulltime begins summer of 2017
14 REPLIES 14

azjeffh
Explorer
Explorer
wirenutz wrote:
same length, same wheel base,

Same price? :W (new)
Jeff
Wonderful wife Robin
2016 F350 PSD Dually
2016 DRV 38RSSA

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new truck.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
before we bought our Freightliner, I drove a 450 and a 650, and let me say they both drove like a heavy springed truck, VERY uncomfortable with out a load, we drove the Freightliner with air ride rear, air ride cab, and air ride seats WOW what a difference, same length, same wheel base, just a taller truck, but with your 450 you will never need another truck
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
First of the week I found a 2014 Ram CC 4X4 6 spd auto with normal accessories 3500 dualy Price was asking $44K, but the previous owner was a smoker . Had 12K miles. Had to walk away altho I did want it. Hate cigarette smoke smell (converted smoker).
charles weidman

lee_worsdell
Explorer
Explorer
i thought 450 cant tow as much as the 350 because they are a little heavier

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! The truck of my dreams! Plus I'd like to have the trailer that needs such a track! Do post the pictures when it comes in.
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ChuckandSue wrote:
Again thank you all for the wealth of knowledge provided in this forum. I placed an order for a Ford F450 diesel dually last night. I haven't ordered a new vehicle in 20 years and felt like a kid in a candy store. I will post pics when it is delivered. In this case I definitely bought my last truck first as so many advise doing with trailer purchases. Safe travels everyone.

I may not agree on the choice of Dually but I do agree get more truck than you need!

Good for you.

I would guess he didn't agree with you because he bought a ford. Anyway he is happy . No I am not feeling grumpy!!

chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Bamaman11
Explorer
Explorer
My brother in law had a Kings Ranch F450, and some guy in a far away campground walked up and offered him a price he couldn't refuse.

Come to find out, F450's are almost rare on dealer markets and on the used truck market, and in high demand.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ChuckandSue wrote:

I may not agree on the choice of Dually but I do agree get more truck than you need!

Good for you.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Enjoy the new truck! It should be able to tow anything, just like the salesman says! Not like the 3/4 ton trucks that the salesman 'claim' can tow just about anything! And it should keep you going at least 45 MPH up a 6% grade while towing a 18,000 pound trailer!

Have fun camping!

X 2. When it comes to towing it is almost impossible to have too much truck.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the new truck! It should be able to tow anything, just like the salesman says! Not like the 3/4 ton trucks that the salesman 'claim' can tow just about anything! And it should keep you going at least 45 MPH up a 6% grade while towing a 18,000 pound trailer!

Have fun camping!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to the MDT world, heres a link to pintrest and thats out MDT that we pull our trailer with http://www.pinterest.com/pin/551339179353517264/
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

JayGee
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats. That should be enough truck for about anything.
Jaygee

2005 Bounder 35E on F53 chassis

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck and enjoy, now starts the camper search.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.