cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to all WW FS3000 owners

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if any of the power outlets in the FS3000 work without the generator running. I have a tester, but haven't been able to get to the storage place in a few weeks, maybe I'll try this weekend to get out there.

Couple of months ago we we given a food saver which we are keeping in the trailer, tried to test it in the kitchen area, which didn't work unless the generator was running. Which I think kills the idea of running a coffee pot without starting the generator.

But I am hoping to be able to charge cell phones or battery chargers (18560 style batteries for headlamps and flashlights), or charge the 2 ways without having to run the generator everytime. Am I out of luck for that?

We have a solar power kit that keeps the batteries topped off for the trailer, runs lights, radio and the such great, with no real loss on the batteries. Will any outlet work without the generator?
50 REPLIES 50

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
On the water heater, do you have a switch panel over the stove? Mine does, and it has a switch for the water heater there. You can also just turn off the water pump if someone isn't observing your suggestions about the amount of water they use. Personally, I tell them they get 30 seconds to get wet, then they should turn off the flow at the nozzle (there is a black button there to do that), soap up, then 90 seconds of water to rinse. 2 minutes of water at roughly 3 gallons a minute (I opened up the flow on my shower a bit) is 6 gallons. It's the grey tank that will fill up long before the fresh water runs out. Camped in the desert (a state park) you are not supposed to get caught dumping grey water. The plants don't care but the rangers do.
Don't take life too seriously, it's not permanent.
06 Weekend Warrior FSC3200, Axles flipped, Bridgestone Duravis Tires
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4
07 Yamaha YZF450 White/Silver, 94 Husqvarna WXC610
2008 Polaris RZR 800, 2011 Honda CBR1000RR & one Goffin Cockatoo

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
PyroTekRob wrote:
BigDogF250 wrote:
It's a low pressure propane quick disconnect hose, you can get them at most camping shops or Amazon. Keep in mind that it's already pressure regulated so you won't need another regulator between it and the grill.

Amazon 10ft.

Thanks again BigDog, you've been a huge help. Everyone has.

Ok got 2 more.

I got one of my propane tanks filled and tested my refrigerator today, clicked on got cold quick. But I noticed on the panel that both the Auto light and the Check light were on. What does the Check light mean?

And for the water heater, is there a way to turn it off? Or down so the water doesn't get hot?

not uncommon to get a check light when you change tanks or run it dry. The igniter will try to light the pilot a number of times and if it fails to sense a flame due to no gas (air in the line) it will show a trouble code (check light) and shut down. turn it off and back on on gas and it should light. Before doing that bleed the gas line at the stove.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
htwheelz67 wrote:
check light means something did not work or the pilot did not light properly if you were plugged in to shore power and then disconnected it, it will try and use propane and if it doesnt light up that check light will come on also check for recalls on your fridge as mine needed a faix., also make sure that your BBQ hookup is plumbed into the steel piping that is on the trailer and not plumbed into the high pressure side (before the regulator) I plumbed mine into the high side because I run a BBQ and a propane firepit and when everything is running, stove,waterheater, furnace etc......low pressure won't cut it. The water heater switch is on the vent hood above the stove and it will light up "WH" when it is fired up and the light will go off when it is up to temp, there is no adjustment at least on mine, I'm a plumbing contractor so I know water heaters very well. Normally the fridge should take about 3-7 hours to get cold, on propane it goes faster than electric.

My fridge was noticeably colder within 10 minutes of being turned on. I heard it click, then went outside the trailer to give it a few minutes. When I went back in the fridge and freezer were both cold. That's when I noticed both the Auto and Check lights lit up.

This weekend I plan to get some water into it to test all the water. I had noticed a dial for the BTU setting under one of the compartment doors which is why I asked. And so I can turn it off if visitors in my trailer try to run long showers....

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
check light means something did not work or the pilot did not light properly if you were plugged in to shore power and then disconnected it, it will try and use propane and if it doesnt light up that check light will come on also check for recalls on your fridge as mine needed a faix., also make sure that your BBQ hookup is plumbed into the steel piping that is on the trailer and not plumbed into the high pressure side (before the regulator) I plumbed mine into the high side because I run a BBQ and a propane firepit and when everything is running, stove,waterheater, furnace etc......low pressure won't cut it. The water heater switch is on the vent hood above the stove and it will light up "WH" when it is fired up and the light will go off when it is up to temp, there is no adjustment at least on mine, I'm a plumbing contractor so I know water heaters very well. Normally the fridge should take about 3-7 hours to get cold, on propane it goes faster than electric.

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
BigDogF250 wrote:
It's a low pressure propane quick disconnect hose, you can get them at most camping shops or Amazon. Keep in mind that it's already pressure regulated so you won't need another regulator between it and the grill.

Amazon 10ft.

Thanks again BigDog, you've been a huge help. Everyone has.

Ok got 2 more.

I got one of my propane tanks filled and tested my refrigerator today, clicked on got cold quick. But I noticed on the panel that both the Auto light and the Check light were on. What does the Check light mean?

And for the water heater, is there a way to turn it off? Or down so the water doesn't get hot?

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer

Amazon 10ft.
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
BigDogF250 wrote:
For coffee I bought a Melitta Coffee Maker, then all you need is hot water (I use an old camping perc style coffee pot to boil water). No plug, no generator, and if I want coffee at 6am I can have it without worrying about neighbors or park rules.

I've had my trailer for 10 years and have never needed a power outlet to run from the battery. The only thing I have ever done is charge a laptop from a small cigarette style inverter and it wasn't worth any permanent modifications to do that.

That might be the only system I haven't modified in fact.

As for an oven, we have done frozen pizza, Thanksgiving and fresh baked rolls in the AM with our oven because not everyone wants their Maple Sticky Buns to taste like BBQ :). The pilot on that one is easy.

Enjoy the trailer!

Thanks bigdog, I might need to have you come out and show me the ropes!

Now does anyone know where to buy a propane hook up for the little connector between the steps and first axle? I was told it was for a outdoor grill/stove. I have to mounts and hook up but no grill/stove. Might be useful for hooking up a camp stove? Or a 3 burner?

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
JMT2 wrote:
750 pounds per queen bed iirc on the double electrics

Thank you.

BigDogF250
Explorer
Explorer
For coffee I bought a Melitta Coffee Maker, then all you need is hot water (I use an old camping perc style coffee pot to boil water). No plug, no generator, and if I want coffee at 6am I can have it without worrying about neighbors or park rules.

I've had my trailer for 10 years and have never needed a power outlet to run from the battery. The only thing I have ever done is charge a laptop from a small cigarette style inverter and it wasn't worth any permanent modifications to do that.

That might be the only system I haven't modified in fact.

As for an oven, we have done frozen pizza, Thanksgiving and fresh baked rolls in the AM with our oven because not everyone wants their Maple Sticky Buns to taste like BBQ :). The pilot on that one is easy.

Enjoy the trailer!
2005 Ford F250 PSD 4x4

lincster
Explorer
Explorer
For power, buy an inverter. Plug it into 12V and charge cell phones, ipods, run small TV's etc. I got a 700W inverter off of Amazon for $50. Thing is awesome.
2022 F350 PSD CC 4X4 Dually to pull 2006 LE3905

Lincsters Truck/Trailer

Lincsters Rail

JMT2
Explorer
Explorer
750 pounds per queen bed iirc on the double electrics

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. Have a other question. Have a few people staying with us the maiden trip in Feb. As bigger people they are concerned about the weight holding of the drop down beds. Anyone recall the weight rating? I've looked all over for a marking and didn't see one.

PyroTekRob
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Bedlam and Htwheelz67,

Good to know they have electronic ignition. So upon turning them on, they should fire up? Makes things easier. Doubt I will ever use the oven.

Man, Htwheelz, that is a impressive list of mods. I want to do quite a bit of that. Add a TV to the bedroom. Run a MiniX PC to utilize digital movies, and such for entertainment. Have a OK headunit for now, and I have a Zone switch (Bedroom, Main Trailer, Outside, All) for speakers already. Bedroom speakers need changed already. Would like a subwoofer, that would be cool. I am trying to find colored LED replacements for the little lights above the cabinets. Would like to find the BBQ that hooked to the side of the trailer, and connected to the propane line next to the step.

Already have Fuel Stabilizer, and try to get out at least 2 times a month to the storage place an run the generator for a bit, and the ACs. Which I need to figure how to open, so I can clean the filters.

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
You should have a 12v power outlet just to the right of the front door,I think it it also the TV amplifier, I removed mine and just made it a 12v outlet as I wanted to install a directv dish. You can also install a power inverter and plug the trailer into that and your outlets will work, I did that and a lot of other cool mods to my fs3000 (solar, Reverse osmosis system, DI water unit,an outside hose bibb, 2 flat screens, entertainment switching center,LED lights,directv,new stereo and switches to turn on outside speakers, power amp, subwoofer,XM radio dock,main tv into the stereo for "surround sound", new flooring, porcelin toilet,mattress upgrades, 2nd portable A/C for when its over 110 at the river, electric tongue jack.....on and on and on. I know the fs 3000 like the back of my hand now, one thing I can recommend is excercise your genny at least once a month and put fuel stabilizer in the tank, the carb is not rebuildable and drain the fuel out of the bowl when storing. Like others said no pilots except the oven, the "clickers or ignitors" on the stove quit working fast so use a BBQ lighter.

Bedlam
The only pilot you manually have to light is in the oven. The stove top has a manual sparker and the water heater, fridge and RV heater have electronic ignition.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD