cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions on costs

Pdogii
Explorer
Explorer
How would you compare the costs of ownership between a motor home and a fifth wheel/pick up combo? I'm interested in maintenance. Barring the driveline differences are equally equipped coach and trailer costs the same? 

Considering driveline maintenance, my perception (based on doing my own suspension lube, filter and fluid changes) is that a diesel pick up would cost less than a class A 
To maintain. Is this accurate? 
16 REPLIES 16

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
See, I much preferr driving my long bed dually to my wifes car any day of the week. But if you look at a pusher costs compared to a luxury fiver, hands down the fiver has a lower overall maintenance cost. Even throwing in a duallies maintenance costs it will be far lower.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I think the cost would be much higher with a class A especially when it comes to repairs and maint. items like tires.
BUT! It's one of those times when you get what you pay for.
Many (most?) Class A's are built far better than any trailers are. And the option to pull a nice car around that rides nicer, is more maneuverable and fun to drive and is also easier to park than a huge PU makes it a more attractive choice IMHO.
Whether one is willing to pay the cost of admission is the question.